Satellite Tv Or Any Other Non-true Visions Variety?

Florin

Just moved into a new place and was thinking about TV options...the thing is, because of the magic of DivX and DVD technology, I'm not at all interested in watching series or movies on cable TV.

I need something which can give me news (BBC would be best, CNN OK also...Fox News I definitely don't want), documentary channels (Discovery, National Geographic, History Channel, etc.) and sports (though because of the timezone issues, I could live without this one)...a couple of music channels like MTV/VH1 would also be nice.

True Visions' Silver Package wouldn't be too bad, but it wouldn't provide any decent news...and the Gold/Platinum ones just seem wasteful since I wouldn't watch 75% of the channels listed. What options are there for one-time fee satellite TV, or some other subscription service?

I knew for a while a satellite feed from Malaysia's DIGI network was available and it seemed pretty decent, but haven't heard anything about it in years. I know there are a whole bunch of IPTV solutions (free Internet programs, BuddyBB, True again...), but they're not to my taste in terms of just turning on the TV and seeing the latest news items (plus, the quality stinks and outages/buffering must be quite frequent)

Suggestions?

You do not say where you are in Thailand?

In the southern part you may be able to get the Astro signal from Malaysia

and they have packages that would give you what you want.

PM me if you see what you want.

Sorry, looking at the satellite footprint, it does not look very hopeful

Talk to JSAT... they've recently upgraded my home sat system and I'm very happy with the results.

They might not be cheap... but after having dealt with at least 6 different sat companies on the eastern seaboard, I have no hesitation in recommending them.

Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with this company... just a satisfied customer.

/Edit - by the way, the Measat 1/3 bird at 91deg East (Astro) footprint does adequately cover us (near Sattahip).

Edited by Jai Dee
Additional comment added.