Water Supply Sucks

BeerMoney

Landlord has a 60 meter-deep well with three pumps for three bungalows 300 feet away. using 3/4" pipe.

My water supply has, for the past year, ben perhaps 1gpm, so he finally installed a new pump at the wellhead. Now, the pressure may be 2gpm. 

But now he is hooking up another bungalow to my pump. He says he will, if necessary, put a 1200 liter tank and another pump a few yards away from our bungalows, and run water to us from there.

I'm a brewmaster, not a plumber or engineer. Please give input in what and how things should be done because this guy's toolbag has a screwdriver, hammer, and hack saw blade, and everything he does is a disaster.

He wants to put the second pump on the supply side to the tank, rather than the output to the house side.

Advice?

(Suicide is an option, yes.)

You could gently suggest to him that he could fit the pump on the output side of the 1,200 litre tank.

Alternatively you could ask him if it would be OK for him to put his pump where he wants and ask if it would be OK for you to fit an extra pump on the output of the tank.

• Like 1

Guest Isaanlife

1. Pump should be on the outflow side.

2. You need to understand the capacity of the pump in GPM. Perhaps he is buying a cheap pump that is not up to the task to supply the volume you need?

5 hours ago, TheBrewer said:

use a pump like this on the output to your house and you will be happy again ????

https://www.mitsubishi-kyw.co.th/Product/For-Home/Water-Pump/932.aspx?lang=EN

He actually bought the 255, which is more powerful. 

Then the "electrician," considered the fact that the new plug he put in was only two-prong, cut off the ground prong on the plug and smiled big as he plugged it in.

So now my question is, coming into Bangkok fro Chantaburi, there is a storage business. Anyone know what a smaller storage unit goes for?

I want to head back to Mexico for a year and see how much it's changed, before I get electrocuted.  

11 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Photo of pumps would help, or make/ model 

All are Mitsubishi constant flow and look haphazardly placed beneath a one meter tall shed, that apparently Herve Villachez built.

I'lll try to take a picture next time they go out.

But just picture Indiana Jones in that snake pit, with three yellow water pumps. That's what all the hosing looks like.

I would let him get it done and see what you have.

Clearly pumping a ground-level tank full of water and depending on gravity to supply the homes is not going to work. 

Edited by Yellowtail
added text

On 2/6/2022 at 7:59 PM, Artisi said:

Are the 3 pumps at the well mounted at ground level or installed in the well? 

Its possible he has not hooked up a powerful enough submersible pump, and is relying on less efficient pumps to get the water up

23 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Its possible he has not hooked up a powerful enough submersible pump, and is relying on less efficient pumps to get the water up

Nothing would surprise me, except a small village where every man over 15 is a master plumber, electrician, and mason.

And even more surprising, they all have different solutions.