How Thailand went from a tourist paradise to a crypto tech-giant!

On 2/8/2022 at 7:01 AM, lkn said:

Crypto-tech giant? More like how a population of people with few means and lost revenue from tourism are turning to gambling or other “get rich quick” schemes to try and improve their situation: We have seen similar many times before, often in developing countries with a less educated population.

P.S. there is a crypto forum, why don’t you post there? Those with an interest in crypto can follow that forum. If I posted fluff pieces about Herbalife or Amway ever other day in this forum, I am quite sure moderators would eventually start to notice and take action.

I wish moderators would do this for crypto, move all that <deleted> to the crypto forum!

It’d get less coverage. If you don’t like it just pass it up and move on or start your own forum.

Don’t get the hate… possibly misplaced when folks don’t really understand something. I’m sure you’d be singing it’s praises if you’d have mined it on your laptop in 2009.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dj230 said:

Every Thai person I've spoken to who has bought crypto has told me they got scammed in some way with crypto 

The guys getting scammed—that is likely dodgy exchanges, hacked computers etc, and not the tech which is essentially bulletproof. Cash can be faked and duplicated, bitcoin and transactions cannot. If they fomo’d in, that’s on them. 

Personally don’t bother with Btc nowadays, it doesn’t move enough at these prices; you gotta hit the alts. 

Good Thailand getting in on it, but also sad it going mainstream since govs start taxing gains. A lot better when it was under the radar. 

• Like 1