How Thailand went from a tourist paradise to a crypto tech-giant!

crypto tech-giant!

Hardly, it's just gives Thais a legal form of gambling (currently).

One the government can attempt to tax under a veneer of it being 'Tech', and still let them crack down on old fashioned gambling dens that they can't tax.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Well according to this website https://exchangerate.guru/btc/thb/1/ one bitcoin is worth 1,434,290.88 thb.

How can you break that down into spendable units of cash in Thailand?

Not sure what you are asking Bill. 

I buy things with my crypto debit card. My crypto coin is transferred to the local currency. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I don't know if I should waste my time watching. A crypto tech giant?

That guy who sold his house to buy Bitcoin 5 years ago didn't move to Thailand, he moved his family to Portugal. 

Was he a tech giant? I remember reading about him. 

38 minutes ago, lkn said:

What is annoying is the people who repeatedly post empty fluff pieces trying to get us all to put our money into this negative sum game

Everyone seems very eager to get other people to invest.  Almost as though they are doing so because they think it will make them money, rather than the person investing.  I wonder if these people started out in MLM... ????

I rarely see anything that doesn't read like an advertorial.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It's not rocket science. 

Not to be outdone, Buffett has made his share of extremely cutting remarks about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency over the years: “I don't have any Bitcoin. I don't own any cryptocurrency, I never will,” he told CNBC in 2020.

Warren Buffett blasted Bitcoin as a worthless delusion and 'rat poison squared.' Here are his 16 best quotes about crypto.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/currencies/news/warren-buffett-best-quotes-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-investing-rat-poison-squared-2021-1-1029974898

13 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Warren Buffet is old and set in his ways. I bet his grandchildren are invested in it and probably his companies.

He also is not stupid. He invests in real things and over the decades he has become a billionaire which is something that very few people in the world can claim to be.

• Like 2