DRR out painting Zebra Crossings as Sisaket prepares for Nation Games

webfact

7 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Generally, it's more about observing road laws rather than visibility, although the latter is obviously important too.  

Hopefully, very quickly, there will be signs: before, at the actual crossing point, and above the crossing point, in both directions.

Plus some huge posters / billboards reminding folks that they have to stop for pedestrians. Same as in Singapore, when a new crossing is created or there's a change in the local conditions. It's very worthwhile.

Edited by scorecard
  • Like 1

It does not mater how well they are painted. Not many Thais stop at pedestrian crossing if people are crossing. I was nearly taken out by a took took in Chiang Mai with traffic lights. I had green to walk and cars stopped. The took took driver did not.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ripstanley said:

It does not mater how well they are painted. Not many Thais stop at pedestrian crossing if people are crossing. I was nearly taken out by a took took in Chiang Mai with traffic lights. I had green to walk and cars stopped. The took took driver did not.

Related question - where did he buy his driving license (if he has one).

Ultimate point - Does he even know the traffic law saw - must stop when pedestrian about to cross/while crossing/until pedestrian is on the footpath on the others side of the road.

Many of my Thai outer circle feamily members are 99% ignorant/have no knowledge of all the road rules. Plus some will say 'I don't believe there should be any road rules so I do whatever I want'. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, cracker1 said:

I suspect this action may create more deaths as the games visitors will get the impression these "smart looking" crossings will be safe to use as in their own countries.

And just how many foreign visitors are you expecting to be attending the 'Nation Games"?

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2022 at 1:51 PM, scorecard said:

Related question - where did he buy his driving license (if he has one).

Ultimate point - Does he even know the traffic law saw - must stop when pedestrian about to cross/while crossing/until pedestrian is on the footpath on the others side of the road.

Many of my Thai outer circle feamily members are 99% ignorant/have no knowledge of all the road rules. Plus some will say 'I don't believe there should be any road rules so I do whatever I want'. 

A took took driver in Chiang Mai should know what a red/green light means. It is a tourist destination. In non tourist parts of Thailand what you say is probably true.