Anyone used AliExpress recently? delivery any better?

scubascuba3

20 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Before Chinese New Year I had good experience. 

My last order which was dispatched on the 27th January didn't arrive until now.

I expect things will be back to normal about middle of February.

do you know what delivery option you had? 2 weeks isn't too bad i used to wait months for deliveries

Edited by scubascuba3

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

do you know what delivery option you had? 2 weeks isn't too bad i used to wait months for deliveries

If I have the choice then I select the cheap Chinese mail with registration.

Normally I receive goods within about 10 to 14 days after they are sent. Or, within 1 to 3 days after arrival in Thailand.

I chose the cheap Chinese mail because >90% sure I never have to pay any tax and duty.

I just ordered another package from another supplier (within AliExpress). If you like I can confirm when it arrives.

Edited by OneMoreFarang

31 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Why lucky, every aliexpress seller declare under value to avoid costums

It's a DHL thing, only used them once (not Aliexpress), product came from Spain and I had to pay something like 25% which they notify you before it gets to customs for payment in advance

1 hour ago, kralledr said:

Why lucky, every aliexpress seller declare under value to avoid costums

I just received a Notification to collect International Postal Items from the Thailand Post.

I ordered something from AliExpress, send with registered mail and (according to them) declared with a value < 50USD.

Let's look how much they want to collect.

For the record: I received many parcels from China and this is, as far as I remember, only the 2nd time in years that I have to pay. But then again this time the parcel is 3.5kg, most of the time I order smaller things.

There are no delays with AliExpress.

Most of the long delays are caused by the buyer not selecting the best Delivery option avaiable, which sometimes costs just alittle more.

I have found that anything using the " Chainso " ( think thats right ) option take a very long time, as the delivery seems to be routed through Changi Airport.

12-15 Days seems normal

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

Most of the long delays are caused by the buyer not selecting the best Delivery option avaiable, which sometimes costs just alittle more.

I have found that anything using the " Chainso " ( think thats right ) option take a very long time, as the delivery seems to be routed through Changi Airport.

12-15 Days seems normal

my only two choices were epacket whatever that is and Aliexpress standard or similar name, I couldn't see what the difference was so stuck with epacket

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

my only two choices were epacket whatever that is and Aliexpress standard or similar name, I couldn't see what the difference was so stuck with epacket

Only 2 choices !

Usually there are about half a dozen or more.

Either of your choices should work well for you.

5 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Sometimes there are delays with the shipping.

I even had it one time that I waited about 10 days and they still didn't ship and then I cancelled the order.

Let's not forget that AliExpress is not one supplier. There are (probably) thousands of suppliers. They are not all the same.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes there are delays with the shipping.

I even had it one time that I waited about 10 days and they still didn't ship and then I cancelled the order.

Let's not forget that AliExpress is not one supplier. There are (probably) thousands of suppliers. They are not all the same.

You are indeed correct, there are Thousands of suppliers, but from all the dealings I have had using Ali, I can only speak about my findings thus far.

I once had a similar experience as yourself, but there was not a delay on shipping, it was the tracking that had a Hiccup.

On 2/9/2022 at 6:11 PM, scubascuba3 said:

toying with ordering something but won't bother if it still takes 30+ days

What delivery company was used?

Epacket?

AliExpress standard?

Ordered 28/1, delivered via Singapore post & Thai post 15/2

before that 

ordered 9/1 delivered 30/1 Cainiao

Edited by sometimewoodworker

43 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Ordered 28/1, delivered via Singapore post & Thai post 15/2

before that 

ordered 9/1 delivered 30/1 Cainiao

how detailed was the tracking? this is better than last time i used Aliexpress but i'm expecting it to go cold once it hits Thailand

Screenshot_2022-02-16-16-48-59-014_com.android.chrome~3.jpg

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'm getting better tracking this time using 17Track and track&trace which is good news but guess what my AliExpress track link has suddenly changed to Russia, Putin involved?

Screenshot_2022-02-24-09-38-52-253_com.android.chrome.jpg

It's up to you which AliExpress you use and which language and currency you select.

Start with aliexpress.com

On 2/24/2022 at 9:53 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It's up to you which AliExpress you use and which language and currency you select.

Start with aliexpress.com

Yes I've been using it for years but suddenly it wanted me to use .rz Russia, very strange, anyway my package arrived in 2 weeks tracked all the way, 17Track and Track&Trace were very good, much better than Aliexpress tracking itself, so all in all another happy ending

31 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes I've been using it for years but suddenly it wanted me to use .rz Russia, very strange

I had this several times when I use links from other websites.

I.e. if I watch a video on YouTube and they recommend a product and in the description is a link. When I click on such a link then often the language and/or currency are wrong.

45 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes I've been using it for years but suddenly it wanted me to use .rz Russia, very strange, anyway my package arrived in 2 weeks tracked all the way, 17Track and Track&Trace were very good, much better than Aliexpress tracking itself, so all in all another happy ending

i got the same strange thing, ... even using my own login  , have every time to change to Global ..., even all txt  in  Russian 

Edited by david555

5 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah definitely to do with Putin

is already long time , several month's  i noticed , so not really related, i was fearing someone hacked my account ???? as once my Thai delivery adres was changed to a for me unknown U.K. Town/village .

So A.Express asked me to change my password to be sure when i gave them notice about that  delivery address was not mine 

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

is already long time , several month's  i noticed , so not really related, i was fearing someone hacked my account ???? as once my Thai delivery adres was changed to a for me unknown U.K. Town/village .

So A.Express asked me to change my password to be sure when i gave them notice about that  delivery address was not mine 

fair enough then, first time for me using an AliExpress email link. I'm always getting my passwords are hacked warnings but for the non important websites I don't care

• Like 1