Does getting Covid count like a first dose of vaccine in thailand

Coopypoy

Hello i am living in Thailand and not yet vaccinated

2 days ago i started feeling bad so i took a self test which came back positive but i have no severe symptoms and i self-isolate (i don't want to go to hospitel)

But in my country if you get covid positive, you only need to get 2 vaccine instead of 3 to get a pass, i wonder if it's the same in Thailand (couldn't find the information anywhere)

So basically Would it be worth to take a test at an hospital so that can count like 1 dose of vaccine to ultimately get the certificate? Or one really need to got the full vaccination process to get the pass?

Thank you if anyone can be an help

If you present at a hospital with COVID symptoms, as a foreigner it is highly likely you will be placed in 14 days quarantine. Don't go, and there is no record of having had COVID, in which case you will need to follow the full vaccination protocol. Your choice.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If you present at a hospital with COVID symptoms, as a foreigner it is highly likely you will be placed in 14 days quarantine. Don't go, and there is no record of having had COVID, in which case you will need to follow the full vaccination protocol. Your choice.

This is very bad advice, foreigners are being allowed to quarantine at home. and it’s only 10 days I believe (or maybe even 7). 

Also not seeking medical help out of fear of being quarantined if you have symptoms could be a bad idea… specially when you are allowed to home isolate. 

some 3 months after infection you can get a vax.

That counts as fully vaxed for international travel purpose by thailand.

The problem is that your hospital might not upload your recovery certificate to morprom and won't give you test result with QR code to upload. So you end up nowhere.

For international travel you don't know what would be requirements by airline, transit airport and your destination in many months time, up to a year.

after 2 shots you can get thai certificate, valid for around a year from the last shot (probably for longer, as booster is still not required). After 3 months you can get a booster, if required by your destination country.

if mild covid better not a risk of being forced into quarantine, wjich might cost from 30k at hospitel to around 150k at hospital. Insurance might not cover you, even if you have a good one.

4 hours ago, alextrat1966 said:

This is very bad advice, foreigners are being allowed to quarantine at home. and it’s only 10 days I believe (or maybe even 7). 

Also not seeking medical help out of fear of being quarantined if you have symptoms could be a bad idea… specially when you are allowed to home isolate. 

I can only go by my own experience, which was being hauled off to quarantine for 14 days in a provincial hospital, no ifs, buts or maybes. The reason rules are being relaxed in some areas is because the quarantine wards there are full.

I did say in my original post it was highly likely, not that it was a certainty. The OP can do his own research.

Go to a clinic with COVID symptoms, they are legally obliged to notify the authorities if one tests positive. Some do, some don't. It's a lottery what happens afterwards.

The time to go to a hospital is when one starts having breathing difficulties.

Instead of jumping all over me, why don't you take a bit of time to think about what I have posted?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

Why not just get double vaxxed? It’s free and you will have no worries about travel etc 

Er- I was double vaxxed when I was hauled off to quarantine.

Being vaxxed does not necessarily prevent one from getting infected. With Sinovac, it's a coin toss. It does significantly reduce the risk of being seriously ill.