Thai Elite visa after a volunteer visa. (denied ?)

Do you have the Elite visa now, 

" I will very likely loose all my membership fee of 600K thb (not because of immigration but because of Thai Elite)."

It's a bit confusing what you write, if you have it ,no problem, 

regards worgeordie

As mentioned above, contact Elite directly. Address the issue of the volunteer visa with them and they'll be able to give you an official answer. Beware that applying for Elite visa can take many weeks in some case. So, if your Covid extension expires soon, you'll probably have to leave the country and return before you can get the visa affixed in your passport.

I haven't read reports of people leaving and being denied to enter back in Thailand in a long time. I believe immigration officers are less "rogue" due to Covid. 

Bon courage and don't forget to let us know Elite's stand on the matter. It can help others.

I have no experience with elite visas but if I had to bet, it sounds like the “lawyer” is making things up.

that’s just what common sense tells me 

As someone said above you should just contact thai elite directly 

she wouldn’t be trying to charge you to get you the new passport would she? 

Can’t immigration just see your volunteer visa from a computer/photocopies? Would shock me to know that in 2022 they have no records of your prior visas other than a stamp in your passport 

Edited by dj230

1 minute ago, daveAustin said:

Just to be clear, one can arrive visa exempt as per normal and apply for Elite? If not forthcoming, can extend 30 days until visa ready?

Yes

If leaving from here and returning visa exempt you could show them your tickets out and back and start the application early.

• Like 2

Contact Elite directly. Theyre very helpful and will give you all the answers you need.  Check with them and see what they suggest.

I had elite approval over a year ago but couldn't enter due to covid entry restrictions at the time. I entered getting around those restrictions by using a non-o and entering that way.

BUT i had to wait 60 days before immigration would allow me to change to Elite visa so check with elite. 

Edited by Farma
  • Like 1

I think lawyer con you. What that can possibly chance if you chance new passport? Like if you are "black" listed nothing chance even you chance passport to new one, they know whitch kind visa's you have had before anyway. Like said here already , contact directly to Elite. Hope all go well.

ED visa for one year then my school (because of covid situtation) could only help with a volunteer visa (via another

OP why does the volunteer visa you presently have sound sketchy.  What volunteer work are you doing with what charity?

The lawyer may be correct about Thai Elite denying you based on what you have written.  

Take Everyone's advice leave the country go on a holiday come back and start over.

OH Yeah and get a new lawyer.

The Agent serves no useful purpose in the Elite Visa process, you don't need them and it will be hard for them make any money out of you..

The Agent may prefer to keep you in the grey areas like Dodgy Volunteer/Education visa's etc..

The Elite Visa is there for people with financial means but do not fall into the other categories Married or 50+ etc..

As mentioned, talk to the elite people directly.

Edited by Satcommlee

Like others have said why have you engaged a lawyer ?

Completely unnecessary for application for the Elite.

Do as others have advised, go home, get a nice new passport with lots of fresh pages for your years of travel ahead, then make application through Elite only. 

I have one and the process was almost as easy as falling off a log. But I didn't have this volunteer cloud visa issue you speak of.

Get rid of the lawyer asap, go directly to Elite.

My personal experience; have never, never had any shoddy, sleazy, confusing, questionable dealings with Elite in the nearly 3 years I applied for and had mine and had contact with them over this time with mandatory reporting etc.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2022 at 4:03 PM, whizzergo said:

As an update here, I've been told that at least one person has successfully applied for and received the Thai Elite visa with said volunteer visa still in their passport.

Can I contact them? I have the same issue. I was worried about the affix of the elite. And I cannot change a new passport now. Thank you!

48 minutes ago, Mikke said:

Can I contact them? I have the same issue. I was worried about the affix of the elite. And I cannot change a new passport now. Thank you!

I was told this by the elite team themselves. You can ask them, but they'll likely dissuade you and tell you to get a new passport. I suspect that they're just covering their backs in case it does go wrong, but obviously can't be certain on that.

In your position I would just give it a go. The worst that's going to happen is that you'll be denied and have to get a new passport before the visa is applied.

It would be great if you could update how you get on.

Good luck!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, whizzergo said:

I was told this by the elite team themselves. You can ask them, but they'll likely dissuade you and tell you to get a new passport. I suspect that they're just covering their backs in case it does go wrong, but obviously can't be certain on that.

In your position I would just give it a go. The worst that's going to happen is that you'll be denied and have to get a new passport before the visa is applied.

It would be great if you could update how you get on.

Good luck!

Yes, reasonable. while for quite an uncertain long time, I cannot renew my passport. The worst case would be that my money will be locked in the process for a long time. There is an agency with quite plenty of good reviews that contacted me to promise to affix. I don't know if I can try this service. 

Only thing I will add.. The Thai Elite people are flat out liars for self interest when they want to be. 

I emailed them asking if it was legal to work on the elite visa.. They replied vaguely that working online in Thailand was OK without a work permit.. I pushed for clarity and after much trying to remain vague they finally made a 100% declarative statement that working online on the elite visa was legal. 

I then sent multiple sources that it was not, including the case of the man deported working online on  tourist visa.. They replied they were shocked and it was new information to them (who believes that.. With all thier lawyers !!) and would take it on for the future advice. 

I email from a new email account.. The same person replied that working online didnt need a work permit.. Days after admitting they did only after being presented proof. 

If that is the kind of honor and legal advice they give.. Make your own mind up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

Only thing I will add.. The Thai Elite people are flat out liars for self interest when they want to be. 

I emailed them asking if it was legal to work on the elite visa.. They replied vaguely that working online in Thailand was OK without a work permit.. I pushed for clarity and after much trying to remain vague they finally made a 100% declarative statement that working online on the elite visa was legal. 

I then sent multiple sources that it was not, including the case of the man deported working online on  tourist visa.. They replied they were shocked and it was new information to them (who believes that.. With all thier lawyers !!) and would take it on for the future advice. 

I email from a new email account.. The same person replied that working online didnt need a work permit.. Days after admitting they did only after being presented proof. 

If that is the kind of honor and legal advice they give.. Make your own mind up. 

Everyone knows the only legal way to work in any country and Thailand for expats is with a work permit.

Immigration help line could have answered  any query you had on working on an elite visa and the answer would have been no.

As for considering that legal advice I would say it was not.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1

I'd also ask Elite if they can guarantee that they can process your application before your current visa expires? Last year we had approval but there were no appointments in time to physically get the actual visa. 

8 hours ago, Mikke said:

Yes, reasonable. while for quite an uncertain long time, I cannot renew my passport. The worst case would be that my money will be locked in the process for a long time. There is an agency with quite plenty of good reviews that contacted me to promise to affix. I don't know if I can try this service. 

You do not pay until after your Elite membership is accepted. In theory, even after Elite membership acceptance, Immigration can still refuse to affix the visa and stamp your permission to stay. However, since they are supposed to have already done due diligence on the application, this would create one h*ll of a stink, and is very unlikely.

• Like 2