Thailand Covid Extension requirements

I am in my second month of being in Thailand, on a normal (30 day) visa free entry and have already received the standard 30 day extension, for a total of 60 days thus far.

It seems we will need to spend more time in Thailand and the Covid Extension program has been renewed until March 25th.

There is one requirement that seems a bit odd, and I want to ask others what your experience was: 

requirements:

TM.7 Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom
TM.30 Notification of residence with a signature from landlord or hotel manager
Passport photo 4 x 6 centimetres
Copy of passport identification page and all pages related to current visa
* A letter from home country’s embassy in Thailand *
1,900 baht visa extension fee

What details should we ask for in the "letter from home country’s embassy in Thailand?" Do we have to explain / justify the purpose of our covid extension?

Do most embassies already know what to write, presuming they've had this request many times before? Or is there something in particular that I have to spell out for them. If anyone has examples of successful letters, please share them with us. 

All other requirements seem straightforward. 

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experiences.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, which immigration office do you plan to apply for your covid extension? 

Hi Dr Jack, 

We will be in Bangkok to apply for our covid extensions and can go to whichever location is correct. 

Last time we went to Muangthong Thani for our regular 30 day extension. It was an easy procedure. 

This time we will apply for 2 month Covid extension. Is this also handled at Muangthong Thani? 

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Most embassies no longer issue the letters requesting the extension.

They wants this affidavit completed instead of the letter.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 1043 downloads

Thank you Joe! This PDF file is most helpful and I appreciate you sharing it with us. 

I also appreciate your updated info about most embassies no longer issuing letters.

Of the 4 options:

1. I am not permitted to enter the destination country or the pandemic situation of Covid-19 is still ongoing.

2. The embassy / consulate is unable to issue the letter of confirmation and request for a temporary stay.

3. No return flight is available

4. Other ___________

Which is the best answer? 

#1 and #2 seem to both be valid and applicable. 

Edited by fujitsu
Follow up question

11 minutes ago, fujitsu said:

This time we will apply for 2 month Covid extension. Is this also handled at Muangthong Thani

Yes. MTT.

Your other question about which box....most folk have been ticking second option.

When does your current extension expire? 

Edited by DrJack54

On 2/14/2022 at 5:13 PM, DrJack54 said:

Yes. MTT.

Your other question about which box....most folk have been ticking second option.

When does your current extension expire? 

Thank you DrJack for the helpful reply. We have been to MTT once so it should be easy the second time around. 

Our current extension expires at the end of the month. Why do you ask? We were planning on applying for the covid extension around Feb 22nd or so.

1 minute ago, fujitsu said:

We were planning on applying for the covid extension around Feb 22nd or so

Some immigration offices have been starting the 60 extension from date of application for the first covid extension.

Applying feb 22 is fine. 

• Like 1