Official Date For Next Boat Trip - July 15

DanBlack

The general consensus was "we want to go on another boat trip", so the next one will be July 15. The price will be the same, 2000Bt. P/P. This will barely cover fuel and expenses, it is not making me rich, too bad. Again the best part will be that Gerd is offering lunch. Lamb stew. My mouth waters every time I say that. We have 6 confirmed now, and room for about 8-10 more

Don't know why, but this forum seems to attract a high percentage of trouble makers. :o

This is clearly a social event and the charge per head is almost cost price (if only 10 people) and does not come near the commercial price of a private day charter. If more people, then Dan is welcome to the extra money. :D

Well said livinginkata, some peole hate to see people enjoy themselves, obviously to tight to part with 2,000THB. It costs a fortune to fuel the thing.

Anyway we will be there and I will be bringing a big soggy b'day cake and we will save a slice for rizla.

Interesting !!!!

July 15th Uhmmmm... let me check my schedule.

I'll follow this thread and will confirm ASAP. The only problem for me is I need to go to Chiang Mai 1st week of July and not sure when my job will be finish.

Ton

Interesting !!!!

July 15th Uhmmmm... let me check my schedule.

I'll follow this thread and will confirm ASAP. The only problem for me is I need to go to Chiang Mai 1st week of July and not sure when my job will be finish.

Ton

Welcome on board!

ThaiVisa and "our" boat

Gerd

Well said livinginkata, some peole hate to see people enjoy themselves, obviously to tight to part with 2,000THB. It costs a fortune to fuel the thing.

Anyway we will be there and I will be bringing a big soggy b'day cake and we will save a slice for rizla.

It is still a few weeks off, but at this point it looks like not many people want to come to your Birthday Party. Oh well more cake for us. By the way cruises are free if they fall on your birthday

• 2 weeks later...

I am a newcomer to Phuket and to the forum but a boat trip and the chance to meet a few new folk certainly sounds tempting. Could someone let me have a few details such as: is it still happening, what time do you intend to set off and arrive back and more importantly dress code. Do I wear my swashbuckling pirate outfit with frilly shirt and parrot on shoulder or do I go for the straw boater and stripey blazer :-)

Thanks

Adrian

Hi there Adrian, let me be the first to welcome you aboard. I am sure you will have a great day, and it is a great way to meet new local people. We will be leaving from Laem Hin Pier. I assume you don't know where that is, so if you are driving I will post instructions, or what might be better is, let us know where you are and maybe you can hook up with somebody else, and catch a ride. The day seemed to go so fast last time. I think we should meet at the pier no later than 0900. As the tides are low in the afternoon we will not be coming back until about 1900. Of course you are welcome to hang out as long as you want. We had some late night hanger's on'ers last time. As for dress code, I kind of like the pirate outfit idea myself, otherwise just a pair of shorts is what most people end up in. Don't forget to bring you're swim suit though. Check out "pictures of our boat trip" and "who is interested in a one day boat trip" from previous posts by Gerd

Thanks, it sounds great!

I have a motor scooter and a girlfriend who knows where Laem Hin Pier is, who incidentally would like to come too.

I think I saw something about Lamb Stew. As I am vegetarian we will probably along some food too if anyone would like to sample it. So count us both in...Now where did I put that frilly shirt...

Adrian

I must've missed the first boat trip post. This sounds awesome, what's the itinerary like?

It would mostly include meeting, eating, drinking, swimming, eating, drinking, fishing, snorkeling, drinking, dancing, crying, going home.

Do Know where Laem Hin is? and do you have transportation?

Let me know if you would like to join in?

I'm 90% confirmed for me and my son and I am out pitching the idea to my friends...... more later..... Can someone post the link to the past trip photos and tell me where the Pier is? I live in SamKong, Phuket Town.

From Samkong, cross over to the road going out from town to the airport, pass SuperCheap, and about 1 km further on, just as you crest the brow of the hill, take the small road on the right. Well signposted for the Laem Hin seafood resturant.

Well I have been monitoring the weather pretty closely the last few days, and I hate to do it, but as a conscientious captain, I am going to postpone our boat trip until Sun. July 29. I am involved in Phuket Race Week next week. Actually the real reason for canceling is no one will come now that Gerd is not showing up with his lamb stew.

Please let me know if you are interested in this new date

i wont be able to make that date but maybe the next one along. im in bkk working at the moment but will be back in hkt soon enough i guess. i want to meet the handsome men in the earlier pics......nothign for you ladies to worry about......just looking..... :D:o