Translation

roger101

I need to send a copy of my Marriage Certificate to my pension provider so that my wife can claim my pension when I'm dead. I'm doing it early to make it easier for her when I'm gone.  Anybody have recommendation for a translation service who will also has a notarize as true translation.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if they're still there but I've used a office on Soi Post Office in the past.

Another option I've used in the past was to take a trip up to BKK and go into the main MFA office, there's translators in the lobby that are well versed in their job and have it done in under a hour, then submit the paper(s) to the MFA and get the official government stamp.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roger101 said:

Well, I contacted Key Visa and MagnaCarta.  Key Visa replied but didn't say if they did or what price. Contacted them again and am still waiting.  MagnaCarta  promises a reply in 24 hours that was 3 days ago. I am not impressed.

Usually get a quick response from Key Visa if I use the Contact facility on their webpage. 

As said several thousand baht - but to be sure it is legal for international use it must have MFA seal and be registered with them so make sure you ask for translation and MFA registration.  Often they can do both.  Thailand notarization is often not accepted by as they never signed agreement so really only valid for in country use.  Legalization of Thai document for use outside Thailand will be the MFA registration.