How do Thai women compare with Western women as a wife?

webfact

7 hours ago, Flemo said:

When it comes down to it, women think like women, doesn't matter where from. I find them similar

Nah. Not that cut and dry.

Cultural character will be quite different - one from the next. 

Comparative values have little to do with anything. 

• Confused 1

Guest Isaanlife
5 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I had a Thai girlfriend with a masters degree, and another who was a hotel receptionist. After 18 years of living in Thailand I moved back to the UK in 2018. Reasons for leaving? I left long before the money ran out, When I left I hadn't worked for 3 years and got a bit bored in Thailand.

The problem with Thailand is the country can only go downhill due to politicians wanting to do nothing for the country except line their own pockets.

Major issues such as air pollution, traffic, etc. will never be addressed and it will only continue to get worse.

We are packing in it and moving back next month.

I see no hope of anything getting better in the future.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:33 PM, malthebluff said:

This is like comparing pet dogs . My dog in the uk was loving and caring and would die for me. and  my dog here is exactly the same loving and caring but theres always the chance they can bite you 

So, get a "pussy" (cat)!

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Ever so slightly off topic. But, concerning the whole expectations part of the equation. 

On the last night of my last trip to Cuba, quite some time ago, I finally got with this spectacular 20 year-old who I had been oogling the entire trip. She literally would not give me the time of day, prior to that. I was at the door talking to the guy who was working the door, at this little bar/cafe where she was hanging out. I had chatted with him a few times, as my Spanish is pretty good, and he was a cool guy. I could look in the window and see her sitting there and the guy asks me what are you looking at, and I said I have had the hots for that gal, (pointing to her) for the entire two weeks I've been here. He says oh that's Julia, she's a good friend of mine. I said you know her? He asked me if I wanted to get with her? I said are you kidding me, yes I would love to, and he said let me talk to her for a minute, then comes back a few minutes later he said yes she'll get with you but she wants $60. At that time that seemed like a lot of money, as it was three times the going rate, but I felt it was worth it!

I took her back to this sweet, large apartment I was renting for my two week stay, in the best section of town, and I had the time of my life with this stunning super model type. I used to bring duffel bags full of lingerie, bras and panties, as they were nearly impossible to find there, and cost $40-100 each in Cuba. My women friends in LA, most of whom are very successful, would donate them to the cause of "helping poor Cuban women", as well as aspirin, vitamins, and other things I would bring to help out the locals on my trips. The typical salary at that time was $40 a month.

She literally lost her mind, when I showed some of these gorgeous bras and panties to her, as all of them had been barely ever worn, and she proceeded to do a super erotic fashion show for me. She stayed all night and she was exquisite. She got some lingerie as bonus prizes! It was maybe equivalent to six months salary for her. 

I was dating a gal in Los Angeles at the time and I had a date set up for her for the night after I came home. We had dinner at a nice place, it was the third date, we hadn't even kissed yet, and she was kind of hinting that she needed some money for rent. She was pretty, not gorgeous, and was in her late twenties and I was already 50-ish, so there was an age disparity which in America is a big deal. So, the expectation of some sort of sponsorship thing is common in cities like LA, if the guy is alot older, and the woman is young and fine enough. Anyway she kind of hinted at needing assistance and that I would get what I wanted if I was willing to help her out. So I kind of played along with it and at one point I said , so what is the extent of your need this month, and she said she was about $1,100 short. It was near the end of the month. So I glossed over it, and deftly moved on to the next subject. For the next 15 minutes she was very anxious, she tried to steer the conversation back and finally I looked at her and I said, I'll help you out no problem. And I then I changed the conversation again. She was getting very anxious and finally she said okay, okay what about that thing we were talking about before, what can you do to help me? She could not bring herself to mention the topic of money, as that would reveal her as being a clandestine hooker. So, she had to dance in circles. I said no problem I'll give you a 60, she said what do you mean 60, 60 what? I said $60. She asked what am I supposed to do with $60. What makes you think that is an appropriate thing to offer? I said look, all I know is that last night I was in Havana, and I spent all night with a woman ten years younger than you and 30 times more beautiful, and that's what I paid. The look on her face was precious. I asked her, what on earth makes you think you're worth any more than that? The best she could do was to say that was Havana, and this is LA! I said no big deal for me. Means next to nothing to me, after being with her!

Needless to say it was our last date, but that was worth it, to see the look on her face, it was priceless. And she was long overdue for someone telling her like it is! You are not a civilian. You are a hooker!

Anyway, unless you are worth over $50 million, or are in your 20's and look like Brad Pitt, the chances of getting with a pretty woman, who is under 36, in the West is remote. Most settle for old, ugly, fat, or highly unpleasant. 

I recall a story I heard about Oscar Wilde (I believe - the memory plays tricks sometimes!) where he was sitting alone in a railway carriage with a very good looking lady, but something about her  - her clothes, demeanour or whatever you care to call it implied that she was a "working girl". After a bit of chit chat he said "Madam, if I were to offer you one thousand dollars, would you consider spending the night with me?" She replied "Sir, I would certainly be very tempted by your very kind and generous offer!" So he said "If I offered you one hundred dollars ,would you consider spending the night with me?" She replied "Sir, what kind of a woman do you think I am?" He replied "Madam, we have already established that, now we are just haggling about the price!" I do not know the final outcome of that story! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sambum said:

I recall a story I heard about Oscar Wilde (I believe - the memory plays tricks sometimes!) where he was sitting alone in a railway carriage with a very good looking lady, but something about her  - her clothes, demeanour or whatever you care to call it implied that she was a "working girl". After a bit of chit chat he said "Madam, if I were to offer you one thousand dollars, would you consider spending the night with me?" She replied "Sir, I would certainly be very tempted by your very kind and generous offer!" So he said "If I offered you one hundred dollars ,would you consider spending the night with me?" She replied "Sir, what kind of a woman do you think I am?" He replied "Madam, we have already established that, now we are just haggling about the price!" I do not know the final outcome of that story! 

I believe Oscar Wilde participated on the other team if I'm not wrong? 

8 hours ago, Isaanlife said:

The problem with Thailand is the country can only go downhill due to politicians wanting to do nothing for the country except line their own pockets.

Major issues such as air pollution, traffic, etc. will never be addressed and it will only continue to get worse.

We are packing in it and moving back next month.

I see no hope of anything getting better in the future.

Not everywhere in LOS is the same. That's what I loved about the country, as it was different wherever I went. Not much traffic or air pollution on a Phangan beach.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, zzaa09 said:

Nah. Not that cut and dry.

Cultural character will be quite different - one from the next. 

Comparative values have little to do with anything. 

In my experience the cultural aspect wasn't a fundamental part of their character. IMO they are fundamentally the same wherever their origin.

11 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

You really hit the nail on the head. I heard a scientist once say if you took most of the minerals and elements within the human body, and added up the value, it would be around $6. So, what is the actual value here? I was visiting a strip club many years ago in Los Angeles. It was a slow night, and I started chatting with one of the strippers, who was a cool gal from NY, where I am from. We started talking about the customers they get, and I asked her about an older man who was sitting in the corner with two strippers. She said oh yeah, that is Frank. He is a sweet man. He comes in once a month, sits with two gals for an hour, never does a lap dance, and never attempts to take any of the gals home. I asked her what he spends, usually. She said about $800! No action. Just a little bit of TLC. It shows the level of desperation in the West, and what some men will pay, for just a bit of affection. 

I used to go for a "massage" occasionally, back home, and got to know one of the masseuses quite well. I asked her what most of her regulars came in for and she said it was to be with a friendly female for a while, NOT the sex. She was talking about married men for the most part.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I used to go for a "massage" occasionally, back home, and got to know one of the masseuses quite well. I asked her what most of her regulars came in for and she said it was to be with a friendly female for a while, NOT the sex. She was talking about married men for the most part.

Apparently non-sexual massages, with the intimacy involved, are mentally beneficial for mood, quite apart from any physical benefits.

Having said that, there are some people who get nothing positive out of a massage, and find them painful. Happily, I am not one of them.

On 2/18/2022 at 5:06 AM, thecyclist said:

You are totally wrong about the aging aspect.  Thai women often keep their youthful looks into their late twenties. A 25 year old might sometimes pass for a 19 year old, but somewhere around the age of 30 they do a  giant leap. Within just a few years they manage to look 10 or more years older. I have never met a Thai woman in her forties that was still really attractive(without layers of makeup) . But you do find some farang women and Latinas at that age who are still stunning. SEA women do not age well.Men on the other hand do, which might be one reason why there is so much "chao choo", promiscuity, in Thailand. Thai men leaving their partners for a more youthful version. 

My experience is different. I see Thai ladies in their early 40s who look pretty good. But when they hit 50, they turn into grandmothers.

last week, I was with a 39 year old Thai lady, and some security person thought she was underage.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Apparently non-sexual massages, with the intimacy involved, are mentally beneficial for mood, quite apart from any physical benefits.

Having said that, there are some people who get nothing positive out of a massage, and find them painful. Happily, I am not one of them.

I take it you are referring to Thai massage, and I agree that they are painful rather than beneficial, especially with a bad masseuse.

The ones I used to have long before I discovered Thailand were along the lines of some oil and rub the body till the question was asked.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I take it you are referring to Thai massage, and I agree that they are painful rather than beneficial, especially with a bad masseuse.

The ones I used to have long before I discovered Thailand were along the lines of some oil and rub the body till the question was asked.

I've only ever had oil massages once or twice. I don't like them, felt like I was greased and wanted a shower immediately.

I have traditional legitimate Thai massages 3 or 4 times a week, half to one hour. My regular masseuse is 60 yo, she knows the level for me which stays below discomfort.

I used to have a masseuse in the village, but she would not back off when I told her it hurt. Some listen, some don't.

Edited by Lacessit

On 2/18/2022 at 5:46 AM, fittobethaied said:

"A significant portion of Thai women and many other Asian women do not butterfly, as it’s just not a part of their culture. These women remain monogamous to their men".

I seem to remember a survey a few years ago saying that Thai women were the most adulterous women on the planet. 

Exactly.

17 hours ago, Hummin said:

I believe Oscar Wilde participated on the other team if I'm not wrong? 

I think you are right in which case he was "winding up" the lady in question! On the other hand it could have been Mark Twain (whose sexual preferences have also been called into question), but I like the story!

Edited by sambum
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2022 at 9:08 AM, possum1931 said:

From what I have seen and heard of, in a lot of cases, where there is a wide gap in the age difference, the Thai women are mostly with the well off, overweight, much older farang guy for financial reasons, and will get from a younger Thai guy what she can't get from her farang husband.

True enough. Some older guys make a conscious effort to stay active and healthy to keep up with the younger Thai wife.

”Oh Ruby, don’t take your love to town”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

True enough. Some older guys make a conscious effort to stay active and healthy to keep up with the younger Thai wife.

”Oh Ruby, don’t take your love to town”.

One of the most wonderful things about Thailand, is that the judgment level of couples with signifiant differences in age, is not as harsh, as in the west. My wife is quite a bit younger than me. It works really well for us. When I dated women close to my age back in the US, it rarely ever worked out. Most were very rigid, closed minded, and set in their ways. Plus, many liked to go to bed very early, and behaved as if they were 20 years older than they were. That was not fun.

I find younger women to be far more vital, more vigorous, and if you are fortunate to find one, far more open minded and adventurous.

I find when we are out in public many men stare at her, as she is still very attractive and fit, and look at me with envy. Women here seem to be fairly neutral. In the US we get some attention. She gets alot of looks, and the guys look at me like they presume I am a centi-millionaire. The gals look at me like I a felon, and have committed a major crime, by refusing to jump over the hurdles prescribed by them, and taking a shortcut to heaven. That is so much fun. It is a wonderful feeling to watch the Western women squirm and to witness their confusion and disapproval.

Age is a relative thing, and so are preferences. Ever since my marriage to a woman a few years older than me, I have had no attraction to.women even close to my age. I see the wives of friends of mine, who are in their 60's, and all I can do say yikes, and be very grateful, and thrilled I am not in that position! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good and bad ones everywhere blah blah and the west has some stunners that you don’t see in Thais, but since we’re generalising they are just easier going and don’t tend to have that horrible Karen sense of entitlement… which recent generations of men have bestowed on them by the way. Yuck. 

• Like 2