Jealous Thai husband ruptures wife's spleen and liver after discovering Facebook chat with another man

webfact

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police in Bang Poo, Samut Prakan yesterday arrested a man at the center of allegations that he viciously assaulted his wife.

Alongkorn, 25, was picked up at a condo in the area south east of the Thai capital Bangkok on an assault warrant, reported Thai Rath.

Earlier the mother of his 23 year old wife had gone to the police to report him.

Her daughter had a ruptured spleen and ruptured liver after being repeatedly kicked in January.

The victim and her lawyer have also now gone to a secretary at the justice ministry for help in getting compensation in the case. 

The suspect, a deliveryman, told a police captain that he was jealous after discovering that his wife was chatting with another man on Facebook.

He kicked her three times after she failed to answer his questions about the nature of the relationship. 

He said his wife appeared okay and she went to work but a subsequent visit to a hospital revealed the horrific nature of her internal injuries. 

The couple have been together four years and have a 3 year old son. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 6

22 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Ah, and over in the "family support" thread we have the usual bickering about what the farang allowance to the GF/wife should be, that 5-10k a month isn't enough.

Well when the alternative's likely to be a delivery deliver yielding beatings along with a meager salary, I'd say it's pretty damn good.

wow you set the bar pretty low that woman should be happy not to be beat up. Besides not all guys beat their woman, in my country a famous singer put the head of his gf between the car door and slammed it shut. So violence against woman happens everywhere.

As for family support i think its only natural to pay a woman if you have a kid with her otherwise not so much.

While I don't condone wife beating in any situation, if he was so upset with her straying on social media there were other ways to sort out the issue more peacefully.

However in Thailand [and other countries] you have to consider the consequences of chatting to another bloke on FB...

5 hours ago, kidneyw said:

The cop is probably thinking, "why all the paperwork, he only kicked her three times?"

While there are many potential criticisms to be had of Thai police, I believe you would discover that very few Thai police would ever condone physical abuse of women.