Video: Station master tells people to park sensibly after train is delayed

webfact

9pm.jpg

It should be obvious not to park too close to railway lines - evidently not so in Samut Sakhon in central Thailand.

A video that was widely viewed in Thailand showed a train being delayed for several minutes due to irresponsible drivers parking their cars next to the lines at the Wat Chong Lom market.

The train driver says on the video in relation to the first car blocking his way: "No way - I can't get past".

77_03-2.jpg

Picture: 77kaoded

After the sheepish driver emerges to move his vehicle, the train is faced with another vehicle too close to the tracks - ""I'll scratch that one if I try to go past," says the train driver.

That driver too comes to move his pick-up.

The station master of the local station of Ban Laem has called on people not to park too close to the tracks, reported 77kaoded

Source: Facebook group "Southern Railway, State Railway of Thailand"

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-18

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Watch Thai drivers when they park their cars , they never

look back to see if they are parked OK, not obstructing an

other car, within the lines etc.

regards Worgeordie

It's hard to park properly when you have no idea how big your vehicle is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Anywhere else in the world those cars would be on the scrap heap, destroyed by the train.

This Thai passive nature just encourages this selfish behavior, watch the vehicle owners just stroll back to their cars casually. 

It also has a huge impact on the economy, two steps forward, one step back. 

In many ways it's this easy going take as it comes attitude and lifestyle that I love so much about Thailand. But there are just too many brain dead around who tear the ring and spoil it for everyone. 

Edited by BusyB