Non O via based on marriage in Singapore?

11 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The e visa site is a little confusing to say the least. The requirements appear after you start the application for the METV.

The requirements are here on the embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/2021/05/13/metv/

There may be some variations on the 3 official consulate websites and the one you apply to depends upon where you are staying in states.

So for METV I don't use e-visa website? Send my application directly to the consulate? 

On 3/9/2022 at 10:23 AM, MajorTom said:

It worked for me. I was issued a multiple Non-O from the Thai Embassy in my passport country. Then I went to Cambodia for a few days and returned to activate it.

However, the e-visa site asks for "Financial evidence". It does not say how much you need to qualify though..?

Note that you need a passport from a country where the Thai embassy issues e-visas. This is mainly done only in Europe and the US for now afaik.

Do you know when the e-visa system started supporting multiple entry Non O visas? When originally introduced, it only allowed single entry Non O visas which was a real problem for those used to getting multiple entry visas.

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

So for METV I don't use e-visa website? Send my application directly to the consulate? 

No. If your consulate or embassy uses e-visa applications, that's your only option. You will have to choose whatever consulate or embassy you belong to after you start the application.

9 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Do you know when the e-visa system started supporting multiple entry Non O visas? When originally introduced, it only allowed single entry Non O visas which was a real problem for those used to getting multiple entry visas.

No idea. I got mine last month. I have a friend here at the moment who arrived in early December. He also got a multiple Non-O before he arrived, so it must have been well before that time.

I would think the suspension of multiple entry visas had to do with covid? and not because they moved to e-visa applications? They were quite useless anyway during the worst travel restrictions.

1 hour ago, MajorTom said:

No. If your consulate or embassy uses e-visa applications, that's your only option. You will have to choose whatever consulate or embassy you belong to after you start the application.

But what option I chose for METV? I don't see an option for METV. I see option for Tourist Visa only. If I make it multiple entry, how do I ensure I'm asking for an METV not a STV with single entry only.

10 minutes ago, Onerak said:

But what option I chose for METV? I don't see an option for METV. I see option for Tourist Visa only. If I make it multiple entry, how do I ensure I'm asking for an METV not a STV with single entry only.

You choose tourist visa. (TR). Not STV. Then there is a drop menu where you can choose single or multiple entry.

9 hours ago, MajorTom said:

I would think the suspension of multiple entry visas had to do with covid? and not because they moved to e-visa applications?

No. The e-visa system was introduced for, at least, China, the UK and France prior to the emergence of Covid-19.

13 hours ago, Onerak said:

I did not write that. You will still use it. When you do the actual visas application on e visa website it will give you a choice to get a multiple entry tourist visa.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:29 AM, ubonjoe said:

You could try applying for the a multiple entry visa but it might be denied.l

It would only need to be the equivalent of 20k baht in any currency. If I recall correctly London was requiring 1000 pounds at one time but not sure what their exchange rate is at this time. At the exchange rate here today that would be about 500 pounds.

Here was a nasty little surprise, right towards the end of the application too!

No.11. Requirement for proof of £10,000 in my bank account. That's the end of that route then! I'll give the single entry a go now...

536470623_Screenshot(1420).png.538156ccc4669aad0c4ef09eac40620e.png

EDIT: I just went down the single entry route and exactly the same requirements were necessary.

Has anybody here done this and NOT shown £10,000 during the application? I mean, say for example I've got £1,000 in my bank, and I submit that, will they reject it for a single entry application?

FURTHER EDIT: I tried applying for a multiple entry tourist visa and here is what I came across;

'5 . Financial evidence, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter (current balance not less than 200,000 THB for the past 6 months)'

Is this a firm rule? I'd love to hear from anybody who applied for an evisa but didn't have the stated required funds, but sent bank statements anyway - and was issued with a visa.

Edited by MaiDong

4 hours ago, MaiDong said:

EDIT: I just went down the single entry route and exactly the same requirements were necessary.

Has anybody here done this and NOT shown £10,000 during the application? I mean, say for example I've got £1,000 in my bank, and I submit that, will they reject it for a single entry application?

Not sure why that is in the requirements on the e visa website. That is the amount needed for a non-o visa for retirement. That is equal to about 400k baht or little over at this time.

You could try it with only 1000 pounds in the bank and it might be approved.

Another thing that is wrong on is the covid 19 insurance. Only $20,000 of insurance is required to get a Thailand Pass.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure why that is in the requirements on the e visa website. That is the amount needed for a non-o visa for retirement. That is equal to about 400k baht or little over at this time.

You could try it with only 1000 pounds in the bank and it might be approved.

Another thing that is wrong on is the covid 19 insurance. Only $20,000 of insurance is required to get a Thailand Pass.

Jesus Christ. So I've got to submit my application, along with my payment, which is non-refundable, hoping that they are aware of their own mistakes and that they ignore them, and that they use compassion and issue me the visa? I might buy a lottery ticket too. 

Upon reflection - I suppose I'd prefer to get the dreaded 'CANNOT' sitting here in my home, rather than outside a building I've been queueing at for an hour, and having to do it all over again and again...

Edited by MaiDong

14 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

Jesus Christ. So I've got to submit my application, along with my payment, which is non-refundable, hoping that they are aware of their own mistakes and that they ignore them, and that they use compassion and issue me the visa? I might buy a lottery ticket too. 

They will not process the payment for the application until it has been reviewed for approval or disapproval.

If you do not want to deal with the online application for non-o visa you could enter visa exempt and apply for a non-o visa at immigration. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

If you need more time than the 30 day exempt entry and the 30 day extension of it you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

24 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

So I've got to submit my application, along with my payment, which is non-refundable, hoping that they are aware of their own mistakes and that they ignore them, and that they use compassion and issue me the visa? I might buy a lottery ticket too

Do you have a Thai bank account? 

Enter visa exempt. 

Plop 400k in your Thai bank. 

Obtain your non O marriage at immigration. 

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They will not process the payment for the application until it has been reviewed for approval or disapproval.

If you do not want to deal with the online application for non-o visa you could enter visa exempt and apply for a non-o visa at immigration. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only on the day you apply.

If you need more time than the 30 day exempt entry and the 30 day extension of it you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

17 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you have a Thai bank account? 

Enter visa exempt. 

Plop 400k in your Thai bank. 

Obtain your non O marriage at immigration. 

I don't have a Thai bank account, I've been unable to find a branch that'll allow me to open an account, they all say the same thing, that not even retirees are allowed to open accounts, let alone a 44 year old Englishman, who is married to a Thai national(16 years ago, 18 years together) with a 17 year old son together...

I also don't have 400k to plop in an account even if I did have one.

15 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

I also don't have 400k to plop in an account even if I did have one.

First up it's best to use an agent to assist with bank account if someone is on visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

Quick process and not expensive. 

As for the 400k note that it only needs to be in bank on day of application for your non O.

Assuming that you would also apply for 12 month extension the funds need to be in bank for 2 months prior to application and the under consideration period.

Impossible? Then that's an issue.

Edited by DrJack54

Just now, DrJack54 said:

First up it's best to use an agent to assist with bank account if someone is on visa exempt or tourist visa entry.

As for the 400k note that it only needs to be in bank on day of application for your non O.

Assuming that you would also apply for 12 month extension the funds need to be in bank for 2 months prior to application and the under consideration period.

Impossible? Then that's an issue.

That's possible, but not my favourite option. So my non-o multi application just needs the money in my bank on the day, but the 12 months extension at the end of the 12 month multi period it'll need to have been there for 2 months already?

I'll look in to the agent thing.

I've recently been told by an employee at the British embassy that all I need - officially - is a Certified copy of my passport, from the embassy itself, to open a bank account, in reality though, the bank staff can tell me whatever they want, but mostly 'CANNOT'.

7 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

That's possible, but not my favourite option. So my non-o multi application just needs the money in my bank on the day, but the 12 months extension at the end of the 12 month multi period it'll need to have been there for 2 months already?

I'll look in to the agent thing.

I've recently been told by an employee at the British embassy that all I need - officially - is a Certified copy of my passport, from the embassy itself, to open a bank account, in reality though, the bank staff can tell me whatever they want, but mostly 'CANNOT'.

Just to be clear....

The ME non O visa is obtained outside of Thailand.

Previously a popular place to obtain this was Savannakhet.

A multi entry visa valid for a year with 90 permit each entry.

An extension to a non O based on marriage is different. 

The 12 month extension requires 400k in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to application. 

Also there is an under consideration period and best to maintain funds in the account until you receive the final stamp.

Your next extension after that is wash repeat funds in bank for 2 months prior etc....

This requires no exit from Thailand.

If you wish to exit and reenter you purchase a reentry permit.

1000 baht single and 3800 multiple. 

As for the bank account your embassy can provide letter..

IMO more easy to use agent. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Just to be clear....

The ME non O visa is obtained outside of Thailand.

Previously a popular place to obtain this was Savannakhet.

A multi entry visa valid for a year with 90 permit each entry.

An extension to a non O based on marriage is different. 

The 12 month extension requires 400k in a Thai bank account for 2 months prior to application. 

Also there is an under consideration period and best to maintain funds in the account until you receive the final stamp.

Your next extension after that is wash repeat funds in bank for 2 months prior etc....

This requires no exit from Thailand.

If you wish to exit and reenter you purchase a reentry permit.

1000 baht single and 3800 multiple. 

As for the bank account your embassy can provide letter..

IMO more easy to use agent. 

I'd previously got my non-o multi's at Sav, and would do so if given the opportunity, I just thought if I could get an evisa it'd mean me not having to do the journey.

With regards to the 400k in my bank, is the 40k monthly going into my bank acceptable in this instance? I ask this because I've got more than that coming in from a few businesses I own, but the money arrives every few days, but totalling over 40k per month(and into my Wife's acc because I'm yet to get one).

2 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

With regards to the 400k in my bank, is the 40k monthly going into my bank acceptable in this instance? I ask this because I've got more than that coming in from a few businesses I own, but the money arrives every few days, but totalling over 40k per month(and into my Wife's acc because I'm yet to get one).

That would not be acceptable.

You require 400k in Thai bank account in your name for 2 months etc as outlined previously. 

6 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

AAAhhhh borricks.

I'm sorry if you have already mentioned this.

Have you since last entry to Thailand obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife?.

If not you could use that to season the funds.

When does your current permission of stay end? 

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm sorry if you have already mentioned this.

Have you since last entry to Thailand obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife?.

If not you could use that to season the funds.

When does your current permission of stay end? 

I've been on covid extensions for the last year or so.

Current permission of stay ends in just under a week.

3 minutes ago, MaiDong said:

I've been on covid extensions for the last year or so.

Current permission of stay ends in just under a week.

From when you last entered Thailand have you obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife? 

Also when you last entered it was with a ME non O ? 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, MaiDong said:

At some bank branches, offering to buy a cheap accident insurance policy (not worthless if you use motorcycles) if they will allow you to open an account will do the trick. The staff get a small commission for selling you the policy. If you know a prominent local Thai who has an account at the bank, and is willing to act as a reference, that can also help a lot.

On 3/15/2022 at 1:17 PM, DrJack54 said:

From when you last entered Thailand have you obtained a 60 day extension to visit wife? 

Also when you last entered it was with a ME non O ? 

I've pm'd you some private info... 

• Thanks 1