People advised to be aware of Long COVID’s effects on mental health

webfact

13 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

I'm sure the thought of going bankrupt, losing your lifes work, not being able to maintain a stable family life, support your partner, children etc is having more effect on mental health than Covid itself.

People can handle sickness... but not poverty!!!

Your right on, they don't tell the people that the virus is Omicron and most should handle this with little effect.

Yet when you go somewhere and people have covid there, they will quarantine you for 6 days. Too many people are being quarantined which = Sad Sick.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcmj said:

It hasn’t even been long enough to see what happens and how people are affected. Now more may be distraught and depressed because of all the fears, lies and lockdowns forcing many to lose their income. Wake up Thailand. 

That would mean accepting responsibility...you just know that ain't gunna be happening 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

the study shows that those already infected with COVID-19 are at a 39% higher risk of developing depressive disorders. They also have a 35% higher risk of developing stress and adjustment disorders, an 80% greater risk of developing memory disorders and a 41% higher risk of experiencing sleep disorders.

The long Covid mental effects isn’t from the virus itself but it is from the cures, as the policies and mandates that the lawmakers are making drive many people into unemployment and poverty.
They suffer from the symptoms mentioned above from the guilt after they lose their source of income to support their family and the debt threats from collection agencies.
We can all already see what's happening around the world. 
I guess the symptoms will get worse especially when you travel on ‘Test and Go’ policy because when you need to come back to test on the fifth day, there's a 90% chance that you would test positive from mild or asymptomatic Omicron variant.

• Like 1

I do not see any mention of "the social media effect". Staying home for long periods of time being constantly bombarded with information can create cognitive dissonance, the mental discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs, values, or attitudes. I would think this would weigh in as a factor. I appreciate the posts on this site offering alternative explanations.

This is the last thing people who are recovering from Omicron want to hear. This professor may be totally sincere, but he seems to be one in the parade of Thais in the medical profession putting forth an edict concerning COVID and the pandemic on a daily basis. One study is cited as evidence for this mental health theory. However, have the results been peer reviewed?  How many in the scientific community agree with these findings? How many may agree, but call for further study?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jcmj said:

It hasn’t even been long enough to see what happens and how people are affected. Now more may be distraught and depressed because of all the fears, lies and lockdowns forcing many to lose their income. Wake up Thailand. 

What happens in Thailand doesn't matter to these 'experts'. They just copy everything from (international) online media. Most of what those 'experts' say, I remember reading on other websites days or weeks earlier. And here, he too, just cites a study published in the British Medical Journal.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

I have had Covid for 14 days now!

Instead of spouting SH!!TE about symptoms, mental effects,etc., when you have not experienced Covid yourself!.....Ask someone who knows!.....

<deleted>!

PM me if you want to know what it really feels like! :jap:

3 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

The fear factor again and again. 

Have you had it yet????.....I promise you...You will get it!

My Girl Friend runs 2 beauty salons......More than half of her customers have already had Covid and many have admitted to her that they kept working in (Bars, Massage, Restaurants, etc.,) knowing full well that they had tested Positive.....Because they needed the money!

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Like 2

Just now, Troy Tempest said:

Have you had it yet????.....I promise you...You will get it!

I had it a long time ago - either the Alpha or Beta variant - and recovered well. Since then I could have picked up Delta and/or Omicron, neither of which caused any more than minor effects with no serious medical issues. As natural immunity is as good as vaxx boosters, I don't expect a recurring infection bout to trouble me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I had it a long time ago - either the Alpha or Beta variant - and recovered well. Since then I could have picked up Delta and/or Omicron, neither of which caused any more than minor effects with no serious medical issues. As natural immunity is as good as vaxx boosters, I don't expect a recurring infection bout to trouble me. 

And you don't think that Covid has affected your mental health???

I think you would do well to seek external advice Amigo! :coffee1:

Edited by Troy Tempest
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I had it a long time ago - either the Alpha or Beta variant - and recovered well.

That's what I think, too. Had a strange heavy "cold" that I picked up from someone in July 2020 in Samut Prakarn. Back then official new daily cases were in their dozens, but can you trust the numbers?

In the meantime I had plenty opportunity to pick up Delta or Omicron, but nothing...

Anyhow, if there were any mental implications, it's that I got pretty good in making investments in financial markets.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1