Can an EMS delivery be sent to a Post Office Box ?

Speedo1968

yes, if meaning at the Post Office.  EMS needs a signature  (hand to hand delivery), so delivered at house, and not there, a notice is placed in/at mail box/house that EMS is at the PO itself to be picked up.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Probably not as a signature is required. What "should"  happen is a card is left in the box telling you to contact regarding the item and arrange redelivery or collection.

I say "should"  as it rarely actually does happen. Only when people contact the Posf Office from checking tracking, ard they told "its here we couldnt deliver it"

• Thanks 1

i’ve received many domestic EMS parcels/letters as well as EMS/Express international mail at my PO Box (defined here as a box owned by the Thai Post and not a 3rd party or similar) and each time it was “carded” and that “carded” date/time was recorded as the first delivery attempt for things like service guarantees etc. 

Naturally if you, the box holder, don’t come to physically receive it within the specified time frame, it will be sent back to the shipper (for domestic EMSs or handled per rules for international ones) but the Thai Post readily accepted such items for box holders. 

When you actually submit the “card” to the staff and get the item - that’s when your delivery signature is taken or recorded as “delivered” as the case may be.

• Like 1

You can have registered mail send to a P.O. box (Post Office box) in Thailand, so EMS should be the same. I've received registered letters, and once I also had a returned EMS in my P.O. Box (returned from abroad).

You will not be noticed about arrival other than a note in the P.O. box, so you need to check the box regularly. With the note from the box - and some places probably also identification - you can pick up the mail either inside the post office, or by the counter servicing the P.O. boxes (if there is such a counter). There will be a timelimit - typically about a week - before the mail is returned to sender.

On 2/21/2022 at 9:12 AM, new2here said:

i’ve received many domestic EMS parcels/letters as well as EMS/Express international mail at my PO Box (defined here as a box owned by the Thai Post and not a 3rd party or similar) and each time it was “carded” and that “carded” date/time was recorded as the first delivery attempt for things like service guarantees etc. 

Naturally if you, the box holder, don’t come to physically receive it within the specified time frame, it will be sent back to the shipper (for domestic EMSs or handled per rules for international ones) but the Thai Post readily accepted such items for box holders. 

When you actually submit the “card” to the staff and get the item - that’s when your delivery signature is taken or recorded as “delivered” as the case may be.

OP - Many thanks new2here for your comments