Burmese eatery opposite Kad Suan Kaew

EricTh

There used to be a Burmese eatery on Sermsuk Road near the Corner Bistro & Burrito. Both shops are right opposite Kad Suan Kaew. There was a mother-daughter team manning the shop.

What happened to the Burmese eatery as the shop has been closed for weeks now. 

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, jerrybeirne said:

they packed up and went back to phitsanoluk on dec 26th.

Did they give any reason why they went back?

She was a really good cook.

Edited by EricTh

A’ Restaurant. They came back for 3 or 4 weeks in hopes business would pick up, it didn’t so they left. They’ll return when business picks up again. Apparently myself, the 3 or 4 other consistent customers and the occasional visitor wasn’t enough to make it worth staying in cm.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, novacova said:

A’ Restaurant. They came back for 3 or 4 weeks in hopes business would pick up, it didn’t so they left. They’ll return when business picks up again. Apparently myself, the 3 or 4 other consistent customers and the occasional visitor wasn’t enough to make it worth staying in cm.

When did they come back for 3 weeks? Every time I passed there, the doors were closed.

Did the owner tell you that she only had 4 regular customers? That is ridiculously low considering that Thailand has sort of opened from Nov 1 onwards.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

When did they come back for 3 weeks? Every time I passed there, the doors were closed.

Did the owner tell you that she only had 4 regular customers? That is ridiculously low considering that Thailand has sort of opened from Nov 1 onwards.

They came back sometime around mid November.

No she did not say anything to me. It was my observation. I’d stop by in the morning 4 or 5 times a week, usually only me or a customer I recognize from a previous day and/or an occasional tourist.

I’m sure she’ll be back and open again for a few weeks.

2 hours ago, Pond Life said:

The Swan, on the ouside of the moat, North of Tapae Gate was open last time I was in town, if you need a Burmese food fix.

Never eaten there before but I heard it is much more expensive. How's the prices like?

Edited by EricTh

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 10:37 AM, Pond Life said:

The Swan, on the ouside of the moat, North of Tapae Gate was open last time I was in town, if you need a Burmese food fix.

I went there last week. It is nothing compared to the Burmese shop near Kad Suan Kaew. 

The food was little, pricey and not as tasty. Not going there anymore.

I am surprised there were a lot of foreigners eating there.

Edited by EricTh

There is always Paa Yawd Shan which is vegetarian and very reasonably priced, North side of moat between Chang Phuak gate and the NE corner.....about 200 metres before the NE corner...............

• Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 12:18 AM, bojo said:

There is always Paa Yawd Shan which is vegetarian and very reasonably priced, North side of moat between Chang Phuak gate and the NE corner.....about 200 metres before the NE corner...............

The problem with that shop is that they put MSG into every sauce that is pre-prepared.

MSG gives me headaches so it's a no-no.

Edited by EricTh

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 8:50 PM, EricTh said:

I went there last week. It is nothing compared to the Burmese shop near Kad Suan Kaew. 

The food was little, pricey and not as tasty. Not going there anymore.

I am surprised there were a lot of foreigners eating there.

I went there once about 2.5 years ago and thought it was ok food but never returned.

Sitting near the door has a ton of street noise.

Sitting farther inside which has a wooden board floor was annoying - the floor would vibrate every time waiters went back and forth.

Several Happy Cow reviews at that time noted poor service attitude. I found it at best mediocre service and attitude.

Edited by JimmyJ

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2022 at 10:31 AM, novacova said:

They came back sometime around mid November.

No she did not say anything to me. It was my observation. I’d stop by in the morning 4 or 5 times a week, usually only me or a customer I recognize from a previous day and/or an occasional tourist.

I’m sure she’ll be back and open again for a few weeks.

We’ve eaten there quite a few times and enjoyed it. There’s a completely different restaurant there now. 

There’s a couple places we go to for Tai Yai that are pretty good on Unari 6 in the Sanamkila neighborhood