passport renewal

It depends on lots of factors missing from your post.

What nationality

Sent from which country 

Sent where; to an agent or to Trendy or a friend in your home country or what

What was sent

How was it sent

etc etc etc

A few pertinent details might get you  answers that might help!

Edited by DezLez
  • Like 1

My passport has about a year before it expires and I am going to renew it soon. Probably after my next 90 day report in April.

My cunning plan .. is to use a passport renewal agent in Pattaya to deliver it to Bangkok and collect it. 

Any recommendations which one ? 

As I read that it is taking about 3 months .... I am wondering how I would do a 90 day report if the passport is still away.

(Yep ... I am already fussing/worrying  .... over getting it back in time !$#@%)!.

I always go in person to Jomtien. 

Those doing online,  dont show their passport .. maybe I need to get on the report on Line system  ?

Oh what fun that seems. Tried it a few times without success.

Also .. I guess I go to Jomtien Immigration and they transfer visa stamps etc to the new passport.

(My old passport was actually valid 12 years. I renewed it 2 years early in the UK .. and was very surprised to have got the 2 years added to the new passport). 

Edited by PAWNEESE

48 minutes ago, PAWNEESE said:

As I read that it is taking about 3 months .... I am wondering how I would do a 90 day report if the passport is still away.

They do not NEED to keep the old one whilst waiting for the new one to arrive,  get it back early on.

for 90 day either do it online , if you have before or copy the old passport pages now (you should always have copies of the main pages anyway) and do it by mail.

3 hours ago, PAWNEESE said:

My old passport was actually valid 12 years. I renewed it 2 years early in the UK .. and was very surprised to have got the 2 years added to the new passport).

I thought they only added up to 9 months, but in any case, they don't do that any more, you'll get 10 years from the date of issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

I thought they only added up to 9 months, but in any case, they don't do that any more, you'll get 10 years from the date of issue.

Yeah your right.

Apologies for being a stoooopid irriot.

In 2012 when I renewed I saw it was more than 10 years and assumed it was credit from the unexpired passport validity.  

I have just given it proper thought / calculation for the first time in 10 years. ???? Durrrrrrr.

I did not think overly much ...  sorry.

• Like 1

Hi Pawneese

just renewed my passport (UK) 

i used Key visa  who had my passport on the 22 december and money on the 23 .

they delivered it to VFS ON THE 17 JANUARY (earliest appointment they could get)

came back to them on 24 february and i received it from them to-day 26 feb by ems

so not bad as it was only 5 and a half weeks from delivery to VFS and return