Pattaya: Repairman in plea to wallet thief: "Return the picture of my missing son!"

webfact

3pm.jpg

A washing machine repairman was not overly concerned about the theft of his wallet except for one thing.

Inside was the only picture Aphichit Charoensuk, 50, had of his son who went missing 20 years ago.

"I feel like now I'll never see him again," lamented Aphichit to Siam Rath as he showed CCTV from a car care company.

Aphichit had been repairing a coin-op washing machine at the facility and had put his wallet containing many documents on a coin machine. 

When he had finished his work behind a PTT gas station in Bang Lamung, Pattaya he discovered the theft and looked at the CCTV.

This revealed a man in t-shirt and Bermuda shorts who slipped the wallet into a bag before he left the scene in an Isuzu pick-up that had been in for cleaning.

"I want my picture back," declared the distraught dad who felt this was his last chance of ever seeing his missing son again. He appealed to the thief to send it to him. 

Huay Yai police are investigating. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-02-22

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Sad 6

The appeal might just work.  A thief broke into my house during the night & stole my wallet.  It was irritating cancelling credit cards etc. but not catastrophic. Months later it was returned to my drive near my car.  My GF reckon the thief had had bad luck since the theft & was trying to undo it.  Everything was there - except the money.

• Like 1

1. What a sad story (the story behind the story) - a son missing for 20 years. What burdens some people have to carry!

2. Sometimes, just sometimes, Thai superstitions may work in our favor:

27 minutes ago, mikebell said:

My GF reckon the thief had had bad luck since the theft & was trying to undo it.