1 DAY TEST & GO

1st March confirmed:

"Thailand is set to relax rules for international arrivals from March 1st despite the continual surge in COVID-19 infections in the country.

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has decided to change the second COVID-19 RT-PCR test, currently required for overseas arrivals on their fifth day in the country"

This is an interesting development, the day 5 PCR & SHA++ hotel was such a nonsensical requirement even those in a position of decision making power of the most flawed intellect had to recognise that at some point. 

Now... Details... 

For those holding an existing Thailand Pass... I and entering after March 1st, I wonder if they can cancel their Day 5 test and go.

There was news of the Day 5 PCR test being replaced with an ATK test - but I have not found any official source or information regarding that. 

Best to wait and see what is published in the  Royal Gazette

Barrow has stated new rules only apply to anyone that submits a request for Thai Pass from March 1st

You can register with the new rules from 1st March onwards. Which means fly to #Thailand on 7 March onwards.

27 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Best to wait and see what is published in the  Royal Gazette

Barrow has stated new rules only apply to anyone that submits a request for Thai Pass from March 1st

You can register with the new rules from 1st March onwards. Which means fly to #Thailand on 7 March onwards.

Which makes me wonder as I have an original Test N Go approval and I enter the country on the 25th, returning from a 5 week trip to the US.  I was not required at the time of my approval to book a night 5 and the test was originally to be an ATK test, but was bumped up to a PCR test by the Government.  Then the Test and Go was suspended but those having an approval already were still allowed to use them, and no there was not a deadline to use them by, just a rumored use by the 10th of January.

18 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Which makes me wonder as I have an original Test N Go approval and I enter the country on the 25th, returning from a 5 week trip to the US.  I was not required at the time of my approval to book a night 5 and the test was originally to be an ATK test, but was bumped up to a PCR test by the Government.  Then the Test and Go was suspended but those having an approval already were still allowed to use them, and no there was not a deadline to use them by, just a rumored use by the 10th of January.

you will just got 5-7 days free pcr pink paper at the airport. If they decide to scrap it, the better.

I don't see why those applying on 1st March can enter only on 7th March.

T&G are now issued very fast, matter of hours. So, in theory, travellers on this new rule can enter 2nd March. Possibly just changing existing flight and hotel booking

Edited by internationalism

For those arriving next week holding an existing Thailand Pass QR code approved on the back of Test & Go Day 1 and Day 5 it seems rather irritating to have to commit to the day 5 knowing its already abolished. 

I wonder if simply cancelling the ‘Day 5 test & Go booking’ and arriving and doing the Day 1 Test & Go is acceptable....  seems silly for it not to be, particularly as 1st March was mentioned for the new regs to come into effect. 

I wonder if Barrow’s information may be an assumption based on the idea that it can take up to 7 days for a Thailand Pass approval (which is not so true anymore). 

instant confirmation hotels listed in the post are still starting from 3000 and going up. Also their website is still including 5th day. so i wonder do they know about the only 1 day news or not (which is almost confirmed so everyone agree on it). If so... so whats the point if they will still charge like the old rules. So another thing is wouldnt it be better to post the hotels after when the only 1 day thing comes out? 

I think the prices should fall at least half and maybe more. If any hotel charges more than 2000 its not ok at all. Also prime minister announced that he really wants PR tests get cheaper. 

48 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

For those arriving next week holding an existing Thailand Pass QR code approved on the back of Test & Go Day 1 and Day 5 it seems rather irritating to have to commit to the day 5 knowing its already abolished. 

I wonder if simply cancelling the ‘Day 5 test & Go booking’ and arriving and doing the Day 1 Test & Go is acceptable....  seems silly for it not to be, particularly as 1st March was mentioned for the new regs to come into effect. 

I wonder if Barrow’s information may be an assumption based on the idea that it can take up to 7 days for a Thailand Pass approval (which is not so true anymore). 

if you have the chance of cancel, do it and if you already paid.. try to get refund. everyone knows it will be only 1 day. Also hotels should be cheaper. they still start from 3000, should be at least half after march

i dont understand why people are talking about covid insurance. Well, i know few days back they also added some other details into it but i checked the insurance company which posted in this forum many times (im sorry dont have the link) and it is only 3700 baht (50K usd) I mean you are coming to thailand for holiday or other reason, and you are complaining about an insurance which is only 3700 baht (cheaper than your hotel and tests) plus it can actually work if you are positive for your good. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

instant confirmation hotels listed in the post are still starting from 3000 and going up. Also their website is still including 5th day. so i wonder do they know about the only 1 day news or not (which is almost confirmed so everyone agree on it). If so... so whats the point if they will still charge like the old rules. So another thing is wouldnt it be better to post the hotels after when the only 1 day thing comes out? 

I think the prices should fall at least half and maybe more. If any hotel charges more than 2000 its not ok at all. Also prime minister announced that he really wants PR tests get cheaper. 

new rules only from 1.03 so new prices might be only around that time.

price for the cheapest hotel 1st night 3600b includes 2200b for PCR and around 500-600b for airport pick up.

So room is only from 900b. 

PCR might be capped to 900b, but still not introduced. That price might be only for domestic and the government hospitals. Not necessarily for incomers and private hospitals. The cheapest PCR test I have found in europe start from e37, with average e50. So 2200b is around what can be expected 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

i dont understand why people are talking about covid insurance. Well, i know few days back they also added some other details into it but i checked the insurance company which posted in this forum many times (im sorry dont have the link) and it is only 3700 baht (50K usd) I mean you are coming to thailand for holiday or other reason, and you are complaining about an insurance which is only 3700 baht (cheaper than your hotel and tests) plus it can actually work if you are positive for your good. 

Because many people have travel insurance already. Travel insurance include in many cradit card for example but cant get mention about covid coverage, not that kind what is ok in Thai border.

So you have to pay extra insurance for just entry in Thailand and that is BS!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, internationalism said:

new rules only from 1.03 so new prices might be only around that time.

price for the cheapest hotel 1st night 3600b includes 2200b for PCR and around 500-600b for airport pick up.

So room is only from 900b. 

PCR might be capped to 900b, but still not introduced. That price might be only for domestic and the government hospitals. Not necessarily for incomers and private hospitals. The cheapest PCR test I have found in europe start from e37, with average e50. So 2200b is around what can be expected 

well thanks for the info

I can accept if 2200 including taxi-PCR-1st day, make sense, no problem

if not.. nah still not ok and actually i think hotels will find a way to keep it high. we will see

5 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Because many people have travel insurance already. Travel insurance include in many cradit card for example but cant get mention about covid coverage, not that kind what is ok in Thai border.

So you have to pay extra insurance for just entry in Thailand and that is BS!

well, if it cannot mention covid coverage, dont you think there is something to think? I mean who knows if the insurance company will make problem in the future, which we all know they really like to do. Also its already 3 years with covid why travel insurance cannot do something or mention it? Dont get me wrong, i ask because i dont have. My work already did for me also i have thai social security. So when i read or listen i have some questions. thats all

So, if immigration wants things just like no problem is it a problem?

Edited by problemfarang

7 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

well, if it cannot mention covid coverage, dont you think there is something to think? I mean who knows if the insurance company will make problem in the future, which we all know they really like to do. Also its already 3 years with covid why travel insurance cannot do something or mention it? Dont get me wrong, i ask because i dont have. My work already did for me also i have thai social security. So when i read or listen i have some questions. thats all

So, if immigration wants things just like no problem is it a problem?

Only problem is, even you get some kind txt from your insurance company you cant be sure its valid to entrance Thailand. So for your own benefit its better to buy Thai insurance. I dont have any real knowledge about it and what have happen in border. Nice to hear if somebody have!?

9 hours ago, vinny41 said:

The following new rules will be in effect from 1 March, 2022 (travellers can enter into Thailand on 7 March, 2022).

https://www.tatnews.org/2022/02/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

I’ve seen this statement a few times and it doesn't make sense. 

There will be holders of existing Thailand Passes, with Day 1 and Day 5 Test and Go bookings.

IF the new rules are in effect from March 1st - can those arriving on 1st March and later cancel their existing Day 5 Test & Go ???

Day 1: 3rd March - Arrive / Day 1 Test & Go 

Day 2: 4th March - Check out

Day 3: 5th March 

Day 4: 6th March

Day 5: 7th March - Day 5 Test & Go Cancel ??

As always there is ambiguity surrounding some common sense details, but, IF the new rules are coming into effect on 1st March surely any 'Day 5 Booking’ is no longer required... Anyone know for sure ?

5 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone know for sure ?

I have not seen enough about it to sure. Maybe today or tomorrow we have more info about it.

I would assume it the day 5 hotel could be canceled. But there is no clear info about the ATK test either.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:
35 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anyone know for sure ?

I have not seen enough about it to sure. Maybe today or tomorrow we have more info about it.

I would assume it the day 5 hotel could be canceled. But there is no clear info about the ATK test either.

Thanks... 

All this is bringing back fond memories of all the other ambiguous announcements and rule changes... starting from the very first announcements of letting ‘some’ foreigners back into Thailand in July 2020.

Details which impact people, but those in positions of decision making power seem disinterested in unmuddying the waters offering clarity.

I suspect we’ll be in a situation whereby we cancel our Day 5 tests and nothing happens because no one knows what to do. 

It was like this previously in Nov in the First week of Test & Go when we were given Antigent Test Kits by the hotel, but they didn’t know who we report the result to and couldn’t offer any information.

Ultimately, the ball seems to be placed in the 'arrivals court’ and are left with uncertainty until forced to make a decision ourselves !

Edited by richard_smith237

A question that hopefully some one can answer. If you are a resident of Thailand with a Work Permit and Social security (medical) do you still need the insurance? I'm looking at popping back to the UK for a week in April to see the family. Can anyone with WP etc whose come in recently let me know. Thanks

2 minutes ago, happy me said:

A question that hopefully some one can answer. If you are a resident of Thailand with a Work Permit and Social security (medical) do you still need the insurance? I'm looking at popping back to the UK for a week in April to see the family. Can anyone with WP etc whose come in recently let me know. Thanks

Yes.

You won't get Thailand Pass without it.

3 minutes ago, happy me said:

You do not need to have the covid 19 insurance but you did need proof you are covered under social security.

image.png.99a0ec0761f3c2ceb77e22d89e09dfd5.png

Source: https://consular.mfa.go.th/th/content/thailand-pass-faqs-2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You are wrong. See the post I did.

Are you sure?

YOUR post states that foreigners needs to evidence INSURANCE ......the fact that can be via social security/emplyers certificate does not negate the need to evidence insurance.

ONLY Thai nationals are not required to evidence insurance.

26 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Are you sure?

I answered the question he had by posting info about what he needed in his case. i assumed he was asking about  providing a insurance policy from a company for the Thailand Pass application.

You only wrote yes with no further info.