Assault on Kiev: Russian helicopters swoop above Ukraine's capital

Chris.B

Zelenskiy has now sacked his hugely popular head of armed forces General Zalunhyi who refused to resign. This follows on from the sacking of his corrupt defence minister Resnikov last November. I'm away from my desktop working on an android tablet so unable to link the Guardian article and now many others openly reporting on this. Make no mistake this is huge and commentary suggests one of the fault lines over and above his popularity which is 96% to Zelenkiys 67% is his desire to conserve forces and equipment at the front rather than shamelessly ape the Russians meat assaults. Zelenskiy increasingly looking like South Vietnam's Nguyen Van Phieu their last President before the fall. Many of the NAFO Fellas on social are spitting blood Zalunhyi is hugely popular with his troops. We are entering the end game now messy oeace deal enforced by the US incoming probably along the lines of ceasefire and frozen fronts. It can't continue as it is with the mass slaughter for no good purpose.

This will come as a surprise to many on this thread as you seem only to read highly curated western propaganda rather than the unalloyed and sometimes uncomfortable truth. If the assertion is as I surmise then it really shows Zelenskiy in a terrible light with overtones of a dictator unable to share the limelight with a more popular army hero. But then he is an actor more used to the roar of the crowd than the rattle of the gun. 

Edited by beautifulthailand99
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Link to that story snuck away down the page. And this my friends is how western media frames the Ukrainian conflict probably one of the biggest stories of the year so far and hugely impact full as to the progress of the war hidden as almost it didn't happen.https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/30/volodymyr-zelenskiy-asked-top-general-to-step-down-but-he-refused?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

• Confused 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Zelenskiy has now sacked his hugely popular head of armed forces General Zalunhyi who refused to resign. This follows on from the sacking of his corrupt defence minister Resnikov last November. I'm away from my desktop working on an android tablet so unable to link the Guardian article and now many others openly reporting on this. Make no mistake this is huge and commentary suggests one of the fault lines over and above his popularity which is 96% to Zelenkiys 67% is his desire to conserve forces and equipment at the front rather than shamelessly ape the Russians meat assaults. Zelenskiy increasingly looking like South Vietnam's Nguyen Van Phieu their last President before the fall. Many of the NAFO Fellas on social are spitting blood Zalunhyi is hugely popular with his troops. We are entering the end game now messy oeace deal enforced by the US incoming probably along the lines of ceasefire and frozen fronts. It can't continue as it is with the mass slaughter for no good purpose.

This will come as a surprise to many on this thread as you seem only to read highly curated western propaganda rather than the unalloyed and sometimes uncomfortable truth. If the assertion is as I surmise then it really shows Zelenskiy in a terrible light with overtones of a dictator unable to share the limelight with a more popular army hero. But then he is an actor more used to the roar of the crowd than the rattle of the gun. 

Doesn't your Android tablet facilitate posting links, my does?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Rubbish. The Guardian article you refer to does not say he is sacked at all. In addition. You are reading too much disinformation on social.

It’s Not True’ – Ukraine’s Defense Ministry Responds to Reports That Zaluzhny Has Been Fired

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/27339

Rubbish you are seeing a rare flaring of the true tensions at the top which even well connected and briefed western msm can't ignore. Looks pretty much like a damage limitation job in Western media with Zelenkiy may have backed down if that is the case. Plus this is all over western media they wouldn't be reporting social media tittle tattle. This has been brewing for months as well informed observers know only too well. Budanov the SBU chief is being touted as a replacement should the coup take place. What seems certain is Zaluhyi won't go quietly. 

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Rubbish. The Guardian article you refer to does not say he is sacked at all. In addition. You are reading too much disinformation on social.

It’s Not True’ – Ukraine’s Defense Ministry Responds to Reports That Zaluzhny Has Been Fired

https://www.kyivpost.com/post/27339

Rubbish you are seeing a rare flaring of the true tensions at the top which even well connected and briefed western msm can't ignore. Looks pretty much like a damage limitation job in Western media with Zelenkiy may have backed down if that is the case. https://kyivindependent.com/commander-in-chief-zaluzhnyi/

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

From the Guardian article; 

Key points - 

* Assertion is that Zelensky's office is concerned by Zaluzhny on a political level, not military level

* Zelensky appears irritated that Zaluzhny is the most popular man in the country aside from him

* Zaluzhny posting photos of himself with his wife on Facebook were interpreted by Zelensky's office as a signal of political intent

* Zelensky warned generals against entering politics in November, stressing importance of military hierarchy 

* Now that Zaluzhny has refused, Zelensky's only recourse is to sack him - which he is considering how to do

* Likely replacement would be Budanov

Confirms most of the leaks from yesterday, and comes from an extremely pro-UA source in the British Guardian newspaper.

• Confused 4

Let the mods decide its the Guardian and other MSM discussing this which interestingly you seek to censor rather than debate. If this is just a proganda thread then let's have a rule and I'll be out. There are plenty of other places after all ti have an informed discussion amongst adults.

• Confused 3

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No its you spreading false claims then attempting to deflect them. 

Claims made in the western mainstream media now contested fair enough thats my claim no need for any deletion. You would rather kill the messenger than address the substance of my post. I caught you out on an Israel thread with a false claim which you were forced to retract where you claimed a source was a conspiracy site which it wasn't.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

You haven't caught me out anywhere troll, just tell the truth and stop derailing topics:

image.png.b230a9eca90844b0fd8db915987b0d2a.png

You are trying to goad me into abuse of which I will not do as I am a reasonable man I suggest politely you follow suite.You appear not to want a debate just promote and discuss Ukraine propaganda without any tough love critical friend concern. Don't worry when I'm back to the UK in a couple of weeks I'll leave you to it and retire once more from these hallowed portals. Have a nice day.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

he must have been following RT and their daily propaganda

Lol. Also add Putin shill, how many roubles are they paying you comrade, its a quiet day in St Petersburg to that epithet. More informed speculation in the Financial Times

https://www.ft.com/content/aa9aacfc-c248-4550-bf28-d79ad4c553cb

• Confused 5

32 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Lol, using the guardian to prove your claim

"And this my friends is how western media frames the Ukrainian conflict probably one of the biggest stories of the year so far and hugely impact full as to the progress of the war hidden as almost it didn't".

Like I said it's being reported by the BBC, New York Times ,The Spectator - the esteemed Russia commentator Mark Galeotti no less and many other sources. Which means in the terms of reference for this forum at least it happened. None of you want to discuss this intelligently it would seem. Never mind I am on X with several hundred followers and Reddit with 20k karma where we do of course. Slava Ukrainia ! https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/zelenskys-rivalry-with-zaluzhny-spells-bad-news-for-ukraine/

• Confused 6