The Importance Of Keeping Your Mouth Shut

girlx

To be fair to girlx, the island people consider the locals from the area she lives in to be breed unto themselves. Perhaps its from being isolated from the rest of the island for so long, who knows. But the general island-wide opinion is that TNP is lawless. As for her opinion that the rest of the island is similar, well I beg to differ, that is, having had different experiences and having met a far broader range of people then perhaps she has.

Island life is certainly a different affair.obviously,jdinasia has no or little experience with many aspects of island life,or he wouldn't be posting as he does. :o

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to girlx, the island people consider the locals from the area she lives in to be breed unto themselves. Perhaps its from being isolated from the rest of the island for so long, who knows. But the general island-wide opinion is that TNP is lawless. As for her opinion that the rest of the island is similar, well I beg to differ, that is, having had different experiences and having met a far broader range of people then perhaps she has.

Island life is certainly a different affair.obviously,jdinasia has no or little experience with many aspects of island life,or he wouldn't be posting as he does. :o

:D didn't quite read what sbk wrote did you chuckles? :D But if you had a concept about island life up in Chiang Mai , perhaps you could share it with us?

<now that chuckles is dealt with ..... please note again I am addressing gross generalities and stereotypes :D >

didn't quite read what sbk wrote did you chuckles? :D But if you had a concept about island life up in Chiang Mai , perhaps you could share it with us?

<now that chuckles is dealt with ..... please note again I am addressing gross generalities and stereotypes >

yep,you delt with me good jd.You are the man alright.... :o Nice comment about Chiang Mai too. :D I'm sure you know about all the 'generalities and stereotypes' that are up here too. :bah:

perhaps I might know a couple of Thai people that had businesses on an island.Infact,I know one very well.been married to her for 7 years actually. :D

I know what the wife thinks of many people on an "island"...with many of the local males carring firearms at night,many,many assults and even a few unsolved murders.Where 'farang will be always a total outsider and Thais that are not local are almost the same.Where so many of the local "mafia' are above the law.

Yep,gross generisations i'm sure. :bah: Must be worse in Texas eh!!

Then you say..

while it is NOT beyond belief .....
in responce to girlx comments.Are you calling girlx a lier??Pee or get off the pot mate.Smart little comments do nothing for your cred.Call a spade a spade.You will feel better. :D

:o I live on an island chuckie :D and no I have called nobody a lier<sic> but tell us more chuck!

An Island that is connected by a causeway.Pffft.hardly old chap. :D

Now tell me what this means

Hmmmm?

:D I live on an island chuckie :D and no I have called nobody a lier<sic> but tell us more chuck!

An Island that is connected by a causeway.Pffft.hardly old chap. :D

Hmmmm?

you mean connected to the mainland by a bridge? amazing how that happens on some islands :o

as for the quote ... it means it is not beyond belief ...

so tell us about YOUR island experience chuckie :D

Edited by jdinasia

:D I live on an island chuckie :D and no I have called nobody a lier<sic> but tell us more chuck!

An Island that is connected by a causeway.Pffft.hardly old chap. :bah:

Hmmmm?

you mean connected to the mainland by a bridge? amazing how that happens on some islands :D

as for the quote ... it means it is not beyond belief ...

so tell us about YOUR island experience chuckie :D

telling somebody that "it is not beyond belief",would normally sugest that they are tell a fib.Or that you don't believe them.Tell me it aint so jd?Pleeeze. :bah:

BTW,I would hardly call where you live as being an island. :o ,but if you insist, I have spent quite a bit of time down south,although it was quite a few years ago.Would you really like to hear some stories about your "island". :o

Chuchock, I suggest you do a search for girlx's threads. While I'm not suggesting for one moment that any of them are untrue, I think you'll find enough drama to make even you wonder. They've certainly made me wonder/think/doubt/whatever...

loving most parts about keeping my mouth shut except the ghosts that come to my room " Khun Snake... wake up .... wake up..... time to drink more beer mr falang pisshead..."

Sometimes I wished I'd moved to sukhumvit and the noise could drown out the ghosts.

"khun Snake.... shut up.... shut up!!"

I'll get used to this big house yet. Be careful what you ask for. You might get it.

The mafiomaoso aint nothing compared to being alone in a big creaky house.

Look it's bloody obvious if your gonna befriend druggie crims on an island in Thailand your gonna end up in the shit, girlx is offering this as a pearl of wisdom, but if anybody really is that dumb that they need to be told that then they really are beyond help anyway, so the main point we are left with is, was Adolf being selfish? :o

Edited by Robski

LOL ... chuck is still pondering geography .... islands .... the north ... the south ....

etc :o

just answer the question jd.If you want to make a joke,please in future you make sure it is funny.If you would rather not answer the question,then please say so.It's ok.Really.I was hoping to get something concrete out of you,but alas,it is not to be....(sniff sniff) :D

i can imagine that quite a few farang on kpy have extreme bouts of paranoia in between enjoying themselves.

not saying this is the case here,but i once met a nice lady on the island who thought she could see into the future. :o

LOL ... chuck is still pondering geography .... islands .... the north ... the south ....

etc :o

just answer the question jd.If you want to make a joke,please in future you make sure it is funny.If you would rather not answer the question,then please say so.It's ok.Really.I was hoping to get something concrete out of you,but alas,it is not to be....(sniff sniff) :D

I answered the question .... you just didn't like the answer! But you gotta love the drama :D

So about your 'island' experience ..... tell us more :D

Thanks for the story. I think its worth pointing out that in 99% of these situations, there is more to the story than meets the eye. By this I mean, I think even your friend did not tell you everything that went on, and there is probably some nugget of information about which you are unaware which if we knew it, would help the whole ordeal make greater sense. This is always the way, people want to pain a picture with the truth and be selective.

Last week I foolishly forgot to check with my driver if he had turned on the taxi meter. I rolled my eyes at myself- amateur error. I paid the hefty fee and got out, didnt bother to complain. Then five japanese tourists started to get into the taxi. I turned around to warn them that this driver will rip them off, and I caught his eye. He held my eye for a second too long and was not smiling. I shut my mouth and walked off. Even this small situation can blow out of hand before you realise it. And I am not hanging around with criminals, I just chose the wrong taxi. It can and does happen to anyone in this country.

Chuchock, I suggest you do a search for girlx's threads. While I'm not suggesting for one moment that any of them are untrue, I think you'll find enough drama to make even you wonder. They've certainly made me wonder/think/doubt/whatever...

so are you calling me a liar then? up to you. my life has always been dramatic, i could tell you true stories all day. anyone who knows me would testify that i am honest to a fault.

you are right oxfordwill, there could be more to the story, but i know the girl very well, and unfortunately where i live i am surrounded by this family, so all of this happened in practically my front yard.

However, I think humans are inherently selfish, no matter where you go. It just rears its head in different ways in different societies perhaps.

agree 100%,actually its a psychological fact.

And long may it continue. Selfishness is essential for human advancement. If everyone behaved innately selfishly, the world would be in a state of perfect flux, with counter-balancing forces working to create equilibrium. Thomas Hobbes' state of nature, and all that arse.

It's when those ###### liberal do-gooders come in and upset the balance that things turn to custard.

Ok Bendix Mr. Rosner takes exception to this statement.

Here is Mr. Rosner's statement:

Everyone is selfish. No one does ANYTHING for unselfish reasons.

Mr. Rosner sees you puffing out your chest like a big bird - stop it.

Name one thing you do for 100 percent unselfish reasons.

Dude

You're stuck in third person. Help us out, move the needle

:o I live on an island chuckie :D

Yes, an island.

how do you cope with the boat to the mainland. it must be tough.

I usually fly :D but I have ridden the motorcycle and driven ... AND taken a boat :D

a good friend of mine was set up by a thai family today- they planted drugs in her room, accused her of stealing something from them, and went to search for it with a policeman. she had been talking too much about the various misdeeds of this family, who are notorious for having made loads of money via the drug trade and other mafia activities.

i learned this the hard way also a couple of years ago. keep your mouth shut in thailand. do not tell girlfriends their boyfriend is cheating on them. do not tell poor farang suckers they are being scammed in land deals. do not say anything about the history or goings on of anyone else in thailand unless you are prepared to face seriously whacked consequences.

my friend faces something like 5 years in jail, a huge fine, and deportation for simply telling a girl that her thai boyfriend had beat the crap out of his ex girlfriend.

absolute and good that you write about this

can you check

your inbox message

Odile

I have removed the pointless ramblings of rosner & friends & ask that this be pls keep on topic.

Hmmmm...I think you're right.

For a moment I thought I landed in a kindergarten. :o

If the story of girlx is true, and I have no reason to believe it's not...planting drugs in someones place is the utterly lowest-of-the-lowest form of human behaviour to another human being :D

Anybody who knows Thailand a bit knows that this could become reality to anyone and I mean: anyone!

It's not funny and a dramatic situation for the one who's the 'victim'.

HOW on earth do you prove your innocence?

It's a nightmare! It could happen to anybody...anytime, anywhere... :D

LaoPo

Thanks for the story. I think its worth pointing out that in 99% of these situations, there is more to the story than meets the eye. By this I mean, I think even your friend did not tell you everything that went on, and there is probably some nugget of information about which you are unaware which if we knew it, would help the whole ordeal make greater sense. This is always the way, people want to pain a picture with the truth and be selective.

at least 1 comment I can agree with ...

(on this topic that is ... there's not such a thing as a selfless good deed !)

a good friend of mine was set up by a thai family today- they planted drugs in her room, accused her of stealing something from them, and went to search for it with a policeman. she had been talking too much about the various misdeeds of this family, who are notorious for having made loads of money via the drug trade and other mafia activities.

i learned this the hard way also a couple of years ago. keep your mouth shut in thailand. do not tell girlfriends their boyfriend is cheating on them. do not tell poor farang suckers they are being scammed in land deals. do not say anything about the history or goings on of anyone else in thailand unless you are prepared to face seriously whacked consequences.

my friend faces something like 5 years in jail, a huge fine, and deportation for simply telling a girl that her thai boyfriend had beat the crap out of his ex girlfriend.

What the hel_l was she doing with some drug dealing thug anyway?

so are you calling me a liar then? up to you. my life has always been dramatic, i could tell you true stories all day. anyone who knows me would testify that i am honest to a fault.

you are right oxfordwill, there could be more to the story, but i know the girl very well, and unfortunately where i live i am surrounded by this family, so all of this happened in practically my front yard.

he's calling you a liar,pure and simple,except he hides behind innuendo and smilies.What type of person says that he's not suggesting that your posts are not true, and then says that they certainly make him wonder/think/doubt/whatever.yep he tells it like it is. :o

:o I live on an island chuckie :D

Yes, an island.

how do you cope with the boat to the mainland. it must be tough.

I usually fly :D but I have ridden the motorcycle and driven ... AND taken a boat :D

You know what people mean by an island here.Surely you must understand the difference between an Island like Koh Phangan and it's isolation compared with with Phuket.Please tell me you understand this.please! :D