The Importance Of Keeping Your Mouth Shut

girlx

Chuchock, I suggest you do a search for girlx's threads. While I'm not suggesting for one moment that any of them are untrue, I think you'll find enough drama to make even you wonder. They've certainly made me wonder/think/doubt/whatever...

so are you calling me a liar then? up to you. my life has always been dramatic, i could tell you true stories all day. anyone who knows me would testify that i am honest to a fault.

you are right oxfordwill, there could be more to the story, but i know the girl very well, and unfortunately where i live i am surrounded by this family, so all of this happened in practically my front yard.

he's calling you a liar,pure and simple,except he hides behind innuendo and smilies.What type of person says that he's not suggesting that your posts are not true, and then says that they certainly make him wonder/think/doubt/whatever.yep he tells it like it is. :o

I'd be careful of your attributions if I were you. The part of this post in red was by November Rain who, as far as I'm aware, is female. Having said that, this thread has, once again, descended into the playground. Any more personal insults or flames will generate vacations.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chuchock, I suggest you do a search for girlx's threads. While I'm not suggesting for one moment that any of them are untrue, I think you'll find enough drama to make even you wonder. They've certainly made me wonder/think/doubt/whatever...

so are you calling me a liar then? up to you. my life has always been dramatic, i could tell you true stories all day. anyone who knows me would testify that i am honest to a fault.

you are right oxfordwill, there could be more to the story, but i know the girl very well, and unfortunately where i live i am surrounded by this family, so all of this happened in practically my front yard.

he's calling you a liar,pure and simple,except he hides behind innuendo and smilies.What type of person says that he's not suggesting that your posts are not true, and then says that they certainly make him wonder/think/doubt/whatever.yep he tells it like it is. :o

I'd be careful of your attributions if I were you. The part of this post in red was by November Rain who, as far as I'm aware, is female. Having said that, this thread has, once again, descended into the playground. Any more personal insults or flames will generate vacations.

There was no personal insult or flame.Just straight talking mate.What's the problem?

Chuchok,

She (I) is not calling girlx a liar.

What I am saying is that I have never seen a thread by her that does not involve drama or life or death situations. Some that I remember off of the top of my head are about her friend's mum being suicidal, what should she do? domestic violence towards her friend, what should she do? Farang deadbeats, chicken killing dogs, fatally sick pups whom no-one on the island would treat & how bad the local "rescue org" was and this one. In this thread she has said that the girl isn't a friend (in reply to one of my comments) and now, the girl is a friend again.

I have no way of knowing whether any/some/all of these stories are true. If they are all true, I stand by my first suggestion "Get away from these people & that place, before you become a victim"

If, however, you're in a bar & some guy starts telling you all these stories about his experiences in Special Forces in Asia during the time of the Vietnam War or how he was in the SAS & stormed the Iranian Embassy etc and these stories start to seem melodramatic, do you believe him? Sure, he's in Thailand now & they might well be true. Then again, as with most of the guys who spin these yarns in bars (& I've met a few) they might not. Same situation IMO. You choose what to believe.

My choice is to doubt all of these stories, because there are too many & they are all too dramatic. That does not mean that any of them are not true (I can't know that, only OP knows that), I just choose not to believe anything when things start becoming too unbelievable.

On it's own, this thread does seem credible. It's just when it's lumped with the others that I become incredulous. OK? Straight enough for you?

If, however, you're in a bar & some guy starts telling you all these stories about his experiences in Special Forces in Asia during the time of the Vietnam War or how he was in the SAS & stormed the Iranian Embassy etc and these stories start to seem melodramatic, do you believe him? Sure, he's in Thailand now & they might well be true. Then again, as with most of the guys who spin these yarns in bars (& I've met a few) they might not. Same situation IMO. You choose what to believe.

I've certainly met more ex Special Forces guys, ex SAS, SBS, CIA, FBI, MI5, MI6, etc in Pattaya than I ever thought possible, the bars are overflowing with them.

Years ago there was another well known character in Pattaya ' Astronaut Dave ' :o

Thailand attracts it's fair share of dreamers, but in general they are harmless.

I think its a little unfair on girlx to insinuate that she's a little generous with the truth when in all fairness from reading her posts on here and in other forums she just seems to be too honest.

Theres a certain amount one can choose to reveal about ones life on a forum and weve each got our own limits ... the more information you reveal then the more information there is to be questioned.

Its certainly not too incredulus to believe drugs can be planted on people and its certainly not too incredulus to believe this can happen on Koh Phangan (or anywhere for that matter).

There is a good message in this thread for everyone (expecially those new in Thailand) and that is be careful with whom you associate and how you behave. :o

november rain i never posted about a friend's suicidal mother, so you don't even know what you are talking about. and you can call PAC yourself and ask them about my dogs.

In this thread she has said that the girl isn't a friend (in reply to one of my comments) and now, the girl is a friend again.

no, i didn't? maybe you misunderstood. i am relating the problems of my friend. she got in trouble with a sketchy family because she was talking too much about their deeds to the son's girlfriend, who is not my friend. got it?

maybe your life is boring and hence you can't believe mine isn't. i don't appreciate your insinuations that i am lying. you have posted quite a lot of dramatic stuff as well, about your father's suicide etc. how would you feel if i accused you of lying? not so many people post about their day to day life on here- but i do. you don't believe it or care to read it? up to you.

Edited by girlx

Wonderful story told by someone living on a lawless island... and working illegally in this country...

i am not working illegally. again, don't run your mouth off if you don't know what you are talking about.

Edited by girlx

november rain i never posted about a friend's suicidal mother, so you don't even know what you are talking about.

Apologies for that one. You're absolutely right. I just checked & that one wasn't you - it was another member with "girl" in their nik.

maybe your life is boring and hence you can't believe mine isn't. i don't appreciate your insinuations that i am lying. you have posted quite a lot of dramatic stuff as well, about your father's suicide etc. how would you feel if i accused you of lying? not so many people post about their day to day life on here- but i do. you don't believe it or care to read it? up to you.

No, my life isn't boring. I wish to heaven it was. I have far more drama in my own life than I need or want. As for my father's suicide; should you, or anyone else, doubt the veracity of that, feel free to pm me. I will give you name, date, approx time, location & investigating police station. From that, you might be able to do some digging to find out if it's true, or if I'm just attention seeking.

well you are also welcome to click on my user name and read all of my posts. most of them are boring and not "attention seeking" at all. but when there is a drama, i talk about it, that's all.

Wonderful story told by someone living on a lawless island... and working illegally in this country...

i am not working illegally. again, don't run your mouth off if you don't know what you are talking about.

Yes, you are.