Storage of Water after UV Filtration

UWEB

I'm considering to install a Whole Home UV Water Filter System for my new House and want to store 2000 ltr filtered Water in a seperate Water Tank from where a Water Pump is pumping the clean Water into the Kitchen and Bathrooms. Anybody has a similar setup or is it a not such a good idea? Any usefull pros or cons are welcome.

9 minutes ago, peter267 said:

Can get similar "candle" type in water filter stores all over Thailand.

I am fed up with hauling water bottles up the steps to my apartment, and also carrying them around on my motorbike in order to get them here, so I would be very interested in something which doesn't take up too much room and which can produce safe drinking water.

Can you therefore give me an example of such a thing in Thailand or a link to a supplier/seller.

Many thanks in advance.

There is an Aquasana authorized distributor in Thailand.  They have whole house systems.  I contacted them.  They recommended putting a small tank after the UV filter and a pump for the house.  The problem is they charge over  $5,000 US for a system that are available on Ebay or Amazon for about 2,700 US including shipping and customs.  

I tried to order a well system on Ebay but they refunded my money and told me Aquasana would not let them ship to Thailand.  The distributor here must have an exclusive agreement with Aquasana.  I am going to try and order on Amazon and see what happens.

Whole House Water Filters - Aquasana Thailand (aquasana-thailand.com)

RHINO® 1,000,000 Gallons + Salt-Free Water Conditioner +UV System

• Like 1

I store water in a 900 liter tank on the attic - it holds around 700 liter due to a floater and closing valve. My water supply is by a 2 cubic meter tank-car from hill bores, as I live by the beach where well water is not good (ocher and rust).

The supplied water supply is held in 2,800 liter (4 x 700) external tanks from where it's pumped to the attic. After the pump I have two filters, a 5 micron, which is changed when it's getting dirty, and thereafter a ceramic filter that effectively filters 0.30 micron to 0.80 micron, and cleans 99.9% of most stuff; according to the supplier. Only the 5 micron filer gets dirty, while the ceramic filter keeps clean, but is changed one a year.

In the attic tank I have a small circulation pump that filters the water through a 5 micron filter and continue through a small UV-lamp, and finally air inlet - just like it's done in an aquarium pump - so the outlet works like a miniature version of a water work's water step.

We use the water for shower, toilet flush, dish washing and cooking. We could probably survive drinking it as it is.

For about 9 years we also used the water as supply to an American-style fridge for ice cubes, but through a 3-level filter-set consisting on ceramic-charcoal-ceramic; we survived that exercise.

I'm not an expert; however, the problem I see is the storage tank where algae - and in worst case scenario also Legionella Bacteria, where Thai temperatures are excellent growth environment the for that kind of species - can build up, which is why I chose circulation, filtration and UV-light, plus air. I run the circulation pump and UV-lamp by a timer, so it in principle circulates the contains of the tank about twice every 24 hours. The 5 micron filter indicates that the water is clean, it will last for about a month or longer before it starts to get dirty; I change it monthly anyway. The 5 micron filters cost 25-30 baht in Mr. DYI, or from a net-shop like Lazada, and the ceramic filter is around 300 baht, so affordable.

Photo shows filter and UV-lamp on the water tank in the attic...

1770332562_wIMG20210725122050_FilterUV.jpg.db7f910e24ecae937c8205622327b416.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

Interesting idea.

Where would you buy this system and what would be the price. Do you need a contractor to install  ?

Would like to know, as I am in the process of looking for / buying a filtration system for my new house.

You may have a look for Viqua Thailand, they are selling different Units from single Point to multi Points and whole House Units.They are not coming cheap and the yearly maintenance costs are at least 10k-12k THB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Halfaboy said:

My well water is of poor quality as it is very hard and very salty (see test results). Therefore I need  a decent set-up. Would this company also give advise ?

sample result.jpg

Not sure where are you located, but you may contact Viqua direct. For sure you need a bit more Equipment like a Water Softener to get Drinking Water out of your Well Water. I'm living in greater Hua Hin Area and actuall dealing with two different local Shops KAT Tech Hua Hin and Hua Hin Green Water. For additional Information you may contact them as well.

• Thanks 1