Top 3 bases in Thailand

Sparktrader

If you ask a cab driver, not far away from Sachanali is a grave yard for broken Nang Kwak's. On average, I find the people who move to central Thailand more happy than those who have moved to Issan, tho the western comforts will be even fewer.

May as well recco the book Very Thai, a respectful and western-friendly compendium of Thai weirdness. The same author brought out a book about Bangkok 2 years ago that I read twice.

Def. check the drop off fee on the car. I envy you your adventure of discovery. Your excitement is palpable.

May your GF's be into you, thin, and hot.

A skim of Very Thai will def lubricate the conversations. You prob already know about it, but the book, Thai Fever, about relationships, is also an oldie but a goodie.

5 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

If you like loops, the Mae Hong Son loop is the mother of all Thai loops. In Laos, the Thaket loop is another top 5 loop in loop-dom.

GF options will be on the light side, tho.

Done pai

More women in issan. Drive day <deleted> night. Plus flatter roads.

Bought a duffle bag today. Just fits into carry on rules plane. Save money on luggage. Holds 65 litres though so big enough.

I think Udon still has a soapie of some renown. Don't postpone joy.

But again, simple economics dictates that the hottest Issan women will be found in Bangkok or Pattaya. The good girls who stayed home to feed the monks in the morning in nowheresville will be less receptive to an approach.

Lots of stories here about guys hooking up in a tourist zone and moving BACK to Issan, many less stories of guys meeting a woman in the wild.

Prob a charge even for carry-on luggage these days.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I think Udon still has a soapie of some renown. Don't postpone joy.

But again, simple economics dictates that the hottest Issan women will be found in Bangkok or Pattaya. The good girls who stayed home to feed the monks in the morning in nowheresville will be less receptive to an approach.

Lots of stories here about guys hooking up in a tourist zone and moving BACK to Issan, many less stories of guys meeting a woman in the wild.

Prob a charge even for carry-on luggage these days.

Free 7kg. But u can have small backpack too total 10kgs. 

T shirts and shorts.

Much respect. Even the most minimalist Khao San Road dreadlocker carries more than 10 kilos around.

You're getting into nomadic rain forest pygmy territory with that light load. Maybe keep a spare pair of elephant pants clean for date nights?

• Haha 1

Nothing screams attractive sex option to a Thai woman like a 60 baht tee shirt.

Can you even still get a tee shirt for 60 baht? Will inflation kill the disposable Chang wifebeater option? 

My all time best deal was 60 baht for a Bob Marley one in Chiang Mai on New Year's Eve. A dozen years later, that indestructible polyester is still going strong. Not much of a chick magnet, tho.

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

Nothing screams attractive sex option to a Thai woman like a 60 baht tee shirt.

Can you even still get a tee shirt for 60 baht? Will inflation kill the disposable Chang wifebeater option? 

My all time best deal was 60 baht for a Bob Marley one in Chiang Mai on New Year's Eve. A dozen years later, that indestructible polyester is still going strong. Not much of a chick magnet, tho.

Carabao tshirt is the go