Thailand launches new scheme to help COVID-19 patients avoid hospital stay

snoop1130

Reading the stories of people who are catching omicron sounds to me like it is still worse than

a regular flu. With people still dying in the USA with them daily numbers also tell me that omicron

COVID 19, is still not just a regular flu. I also believe that a few cases of people dying, are from the Alpha, Beta, and

Delta variants.  Just my opinion of course. I hope you expats get the same treatment as the Thai people, and not

have to go to an expensive hospital.

Cheers, the future may start to get brighter by October.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, connda said:

After which, if you're a foreigner, you'll be incarcerated in a private hospital?  Honestly - who are they talking about.  They are talking about Thais. Foreigners as scam targets for monetary extraction via private hospitals.  Most people can weather Omicron at home.  It's just the "scheme" to extract 100,000K THB out of foreigners that we foreigners are interested in having changed to some saner policy.
Is that going to change?  (for some reason I doubt it)  ????

The best policy as a foreigner is to stay the heck away from Covid tests and hospitals.   If you're sick, weather it out at home like a case of the flu - unless you're dying.

I have just recovered from Covid...Tested at home (ATK), stayed at home.....Flu is far worse than whatever variant I got!

No way would I go for a PCR check unless I thought I was near death!...Even then I would think Twice rather than give it to these Robbing B@stards! :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Stargeezr said:

Reading the stories of people who are catching omicron sounds to me like it is still worse than

a regular flu. With people still dying in the USA with them daily numbers also tell me that omicron

COVID 19, is still not just a regular flu. I also believe that a few cases of people dying, are from the Alpha, Beta, and

Delta variants.  Just my opinion of course. I hope you expats get the same treatment as the Thai people, and not

have to go to an expensive hospital.

Cheers, the future may start to get brighter by October.

The Covid-19 symptoms for my Wife, Son & In-laws were less severe than flu. 

That’s not to suggest Omicron is not potentially more harmful than influenza, however, I’d guess that as more people suffer severe and concerning symptoms from flu than Covid-19 Omicron variant. The difference is that a lot more people are catching Omicron than would flu in an influenza outbreak: More people with omicron means a larger number who may suffer more severe symptoms. 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:48 AM, baboon said:

I remember Swine Flu. I was struck down with that and it was much worse than Covid...

I have had Chicken Pox, Shingles, Measles, Flu,etc.,etc.,

Recently had Covid!

Try having Dengue (which I have also had).....

Covid.....My @rse!

I went to the doctor and he said, "I think you are suffering from Hypochondria"

I replied, "Oh no!.....Not that as well???" :coffee1:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’m not so sure about the fever part..

Wife, Son, In-laws all recently had Covid-19 (all tested ATK positive).

Symptoms were sore throat and moderate fever (not serious or concerning) which lasted about 24 hrs.

Symptoms developed into a phlegmy cough & persist after testing ATK negative a week later. 

I've known several people who have had omicron in the UK and Thailand. Yes, a couple have had mild fevers but all seem to have had slightly different symptoms. I had no cough and no fever.

But none of them have had any symptons that would require any sort of hospitalisation or even a visit to thee doctor and that's the main issue here, and hopefully one that's being addressed.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, robblok said:

I read your story, you had a tough time. However, your generalizations suck. Besides respect is earned and moaning and bitching like you do will never earn any respect.

I am not sure how much respect people who call you "dirty farang" and scam you at every step deserve.  Respect is for decent humans.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, farangnomore said:

I am not sure how much respect people who call you "dirty farang" and scam you at every step deserve.  Respect is for decent humans.

I am not sure where you meet those Thais, maybe you and I live in an other Thailand. I guess i see things totally different than a lot of farangs. I see many farangs do the same thing an ex of my brother did (black girl). Whatever went wrong it was always because of racism, it was never her fault or just someone having a bad day. 

Thais scam Thais too it happens so I don't get it why some farangs seem to be so upset its nothing personal it has nothing to do with them being a farang there is are just cheats around. I have been here 17 years and in that time have had few problems. I had a thai wife and house on her name. Guess what i got the house. 

Thing is a lot of guys look for excuses for their own bad choices, lot of other guys think they need to be respected. I just live my life and don't let things bother me. I might have been scammed by a builder or something like that but i don't care. He would have scammed a Thai too if he had the chance. Its not personal you just have to be careful and our ways are not always the best or only ways. Be more flexible.

I guess comming here when young changes thing many older guys are too set in their ways and think the foreign ways are the only ways. They are not cultures differ just accept it and if you don't like it move out. I mean if you really unhappy here and all Thais scam you why stay.

Unless of course your a masochist, if you still stay then maybe not everything is bad because no normal person would stay somewhere where they hate it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Whilst I don't entirely endorse your views on western pharmaceutical products, I think that there is a place for traditional medicines.

I have used Fah Talai Jone on a number of occasions over the years and it has been " medicinal compound, most efficacious in every way"- remember that song?

It works for me, it alleviates many of the symptoms, and is part of my plan should the dreaded lurgy come knocking.

Edited by onthedarkside
social media video
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, farangnomore said:

You have to understand that different cultures have different, well cultures. Western practices are considered dirty, ie shaking hands and hugging and kissing, blowing a nose into a piece of cloth and putting it in your pocket. One for the reasons Thailand has done better than most Western countries regarding the fight against Covid, is the personal space given.  I feel very uncomfortable when my Swedish pal wants to shake my hand and stands so close, causing germs to be passes easily.

Wait a minute, are you calling Thais not decent human beings? How rude and wrong and this is against forum rules. I

So many people I know here in Chiang Mai have Covid right now. It is everywhere and most are just fighting it from home with good reason.

We have just gone into isolation ourselves today, as a close contact called us and said she now has Covid. So now just waiting and testing as I am pretty sure we have been infected. 

No way I will go to a hospital here, unless I feel I can not handle the symptoms. It’s kind of strange and sad that the Thai policy of handling this, keeps people away from treatment. That’s also why the official numbers are so low. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2022 at 8:45 PM, richard_smith237 said:

This is  nothing more than Theatre... someone is making money from the ‘health packages they send out’... 

Not only in Thailand, look at what is happening with the large pharmaceutical companies. 

On 2/26/2022 at 1:27 AM, Sambotte said:

Yes, that's really "amazing"... ly bad for Thai image and tourism of course.
They need to clear away this scandalous non-sense / rip-off.

Your are Thai = normal traitment

You are a tourist = go to jail-hospital for huge money (not reimbursed by the mandatory insurance...) for 10 days : welcome ! ????

What do you suggest happens to foreign tourists with Covid? 

On 2/26/2022 at 6:19 AM, Classic Ray said:

My Government employed wife had a positive ATK followed by positive PCR. I had positive ATK and declined to go to hospital for fear of kidnap. 

We were both sent free medical pack next day and supplied with 3 free meals a day as we isolated with the kids. Our symptoms were moderate so no additional medical treatment required.

i was impressed with the level of care, food ok not great, but better than forced to stay at hospital/hospitel and given a big bill.

So you were not made go to hospital like some here are saying? 

Maybe as your wife is a politician. 

On 2/25/2022 at 7:59 PM, connda said:

After which, if you're a foreigner, you'll be incarcerated in a private hospital?  Honestly - who are they talking about.  They are talking about Thais. Foreigners as scam targets for monetary extraction via private hospitals.  Most people can weather Omicron at home.  It's just the "scheme" to extract 100,000K THB out of foreigners that we foreigners are interested in having changed to some saner policy.
Is that going to change?  (for some reason I doubt it)  ????

The best policy as a foreigner is to stay the heck away from Covid tests and hospitals.   If you're sick, weather it out at home like a case of the flu - unless you're dying.

My friend a Norwegian could stay at home and got food delivered 3 times a day.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:44 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

Not all countries are out to make a 'buck' like Thailand continually does with the rules they impose due to the pandemic. If you don't think removing those are sensible, then we disagree.

I do think those rules should be removed, but I don’t think it’s a question of sensibility. They never should’ve been imposed in the first place for a variety of reasons. As for countries making money, countries is too vague term. We could certainly say that the pharmaceutical companies have made money, incredibly incredible amounts of money. Was it two months ago that Pfizer was quoted as having made $36 billion? If someone takes a cut at the government level well then normal business and I would venture to say, true for every country involved in “vaccines“.  But this all may boil down to what our sources of news are and among people reading this post I imagine that there is a degree of variability.