Who is the Oldest Poster on the Farang Pub? And, can you prove it?

GammaGlobulin

Dear Friends,

As is well known, there are some very old people posting here.

Should we not give some respect to the oldest man or woman who is still able to work a keyboard, in order to post on this Farang Pub?

I am not half as old as the oldest, and I have no doubt about this.

And so, I am just curious, about how old the oldest man here might be.

Obviously, the oldest might be between 85 and 100 years old.

Will anyone, anyone who believe he or she is the oldest, out themselves?

There should be a prize for the oldest man here, still standing.

No doubt, we all wish to know.

(Interesting question, obviously.)

Well, all that I can state here is that I will continue to post on TV, at least, for another 30 years.

In doing so, I should be able to post my last topic at the ripe old age of 101.

By the way, Herman Wouk delivered his last novel at the age of 101, I think.

640px-Herman_Wouk_2014.jpg.184e95c1ecdf27f7a564a0f1fa3aa6d3.jpg

This guy knew how to write a paragraph, for sure.

Most of us are just slouch writers, compared to him.

Still, I DO look forward to the next 30 years, on TV, if God grants me this wish.

Take care my friends!

Stay strong.

Keep writing on TV, for that matter.

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Well, all that I can state here is that I will continue to post on TV, at least, for another 30 years.

In doing so, I should be able to post my last topic at the ripe old age of 101.

By the way, Herman Wouk delivered his last novel at the age of 101, I think.

640px-Herman_Wouk_2014.jpg.184e95c1ecdf27f7a564a0f1fa3aa6d3.jpg

This guy knew how to write a paragraph, for sure.

Most of us are just slouch writers, compared to him.

Still, I DO look forward to the next 30 years, on TV, if God grants me this wish.

Take care my friends!

Stay strong.

Keep writing on TV, for that matter.

Might possibly be more interesting to state the longest serving poster, the most posts, the most annual or monthly posts. But possibly not really, I am sure the figures are easily available. 

I do not know why, although, anytime I think of ThaiVisa, I also am reminded of my man, KEITH FLOYD.

Why?

Maybe because, this great guy goes hand in hand with TV's Farang Pub.

Keith-Floyd-002.jpg.f4f04693335210b2c4c969df97c7a5cc.jpg

Such an amazingly likable personage.

In my opinion, the Farang Pub can be summed up in the personality of Keith Floyd.

Surely, no one can help but love what we read here on this forum.

How could it be otherwise?

According to the financial planner I went to at a Bank recently most will die between 78yo & 83yo although the young guy told me gleefully they are increasing that age to 84 soon.

I guess if your over 80 and I don't wish to sound rude but everyday waking up is a great day and a blessing 

The strange thing I come across especially in my job as a hospital wardsman is meeting old guys over 75 whether they be a patient or colleague who never think they are going to die .

I have a work colleague at 76yo has a Filipino wife at home, he boasted to me how they own a island in the Philippines and how they will retire there in a few years , now this man does all the overtime he can do E C so certainly not poor ,so I had to tell him to his face , I told him Heinz mate you will be too f.....ng  old to enjoy your retirement your nearly 80 now so the only one enjoying it will be your Filipino wife when she heads back to the Philippines when your dead, with that he stormed out of the mealroom , sorry but they have to be told .

Keith loved The Stranglers.

There is a story behind his love of the Stranglers.  A story which I read many years ago.

Personally, I love the Golden Brown tune from the Stranglers.

I have ALWAYS loved Golden Brown.

There has never been even one day when I did not love Golden Brown.

If you want to find Golden Brown, then you know you must come here to Thailand.

Brown Eyes, and Golden Brown.

You can not find this combination anywhere else but here.

Never a frown here.

All smiles.

30 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

According to the financial planner I went to at a Bank recently most will die between 78yo & 83yo 

That's a lot better than a meeting I attended.  IAM union, and 'average' amount of checks dispersed to retirees .... 18

So if retiring at 65, you probably won't see 67.  My job classification .... 11 checks / months.  I beat the 'average', took it early, been collecting for about 12 ish years.

Edited by KhunLA

16 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Keith loved The Stranglers.

There is a story behind his love of the Stranglers.  A story which I read many years ago.

Personally, I love the Golden Brown tune from the Stranglers.

I have ALWAYS loved Golden Brown.

There has never been even one day when I did not love Golden Brown.

If you want to find Golden Brown, then you know you must come here to Thailand.

Brown Eyes, and Golden Brown.

You can not find this combination anywhere else but here.

Never a frown here.

All smiles.

Do you know what 'Golden Brown' refers to?  Do you know where the Mediterranean is situated?  Do you know who the following people are? Hugh Cornwell, Jean-Jacques Burnel, Dave Greenfield, Paul Roberts, Jet Black ?  

28 minutes ago, GBW said:

Jet Black?

Stranglers, maybe?

And, does it even matter if one might listen to the music and use this music in order to enhance one's love of the skin tone one loves best?

Anyway, golden brown is the best, for me, and many who visit here.

(As for me, Golden Brown is better than Jet Black. Each to his or her own, of course.)

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

According to the financial planner I went to at a Bank recently most will die between 78yo & 83yo although the young guy told me gleefully they are increasing that age to 84 soon.

I guess if your over 80 and I don't wish to sound rude but everyday waking up is a great day and a blessing 

The strange thing I come across especially in my job as a hospital wardsman is meeting old guys over 75 whether they be a patient or colleague who never think they are going to die .

I have a work colleague at 76yo has a Filipino wife at home, he boasted to me how they own a island in the Philippines and how they will retire there in a few years , now this man does all the overtime he can do E C so certainly not poor ,so I had to tell him to his face , I told him Heinz mate you will be too f.....ng  old to enjoy your retirement your nearly 80 now so the only one enjoying it will be your Filipino wife when she heads back to the Philippines when your dead, with that he stormed out of the mealroom , sorry but they have to be told .

Island? No the $ went to her sister. Thebisland doesnt exist.

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes 76yo go to.phils now. What is he waiting for?

40 minutes ago, GBW said:

By the way, if you do not mind my saying, one can use any good tune for one's purpose.

Here is an example:

The Republican Party (USA) once used a tune from the Stones for their political campaign, even though the Stones did not agree with its use for this purpose.

So....

Anyway, as you know, I was only talking about brown-skinned women, women who are not actually so brown.

Personally, I love brown-skinned women.

What about you?

Would you even be here if you did not?

Everybody knows the girls here are just the best.

Right?

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

By the way, if you do not mind my saying, one can use any good tune for one's purpose.

Here is an example:

The Republican Party (USA) once used a tune from the Stones for their political campaign, even though the Stones did not agree with its use for this purpose.

So....

Anyway, as you know, I was only talking about brown-skinned women, women who are not actually so brown.

Personally, I love brown-skinned women.

What about you?

Would you even be here if you did not?

Everybody knows the girls here are just the best.

Right?

Not to mention, I also love listening to Mick with Lipstick...

18 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I wonder how different our lives would be and the decisions we make would change if we actually knew that 'use by date" we all have ?

In fact, most of us live our lives as if we expect to live forever.

Maybe, this is a good thing.

If we were to overly dwell upon our impending demise, then maybe not much would get done.

And, also, if we were to become overly concerned with the Doomsday Clock, then, too, we would not be able to move forward, perhaps.

Now....it is almost 2525....right?

Sorry, I meant, it is almost 2025.

Whatever......