Entered as tourist, converted to non-imm, Covid extension

It seems that at least in most (maybe all) immigration offices, people who entered as tourists, but converted to a non-immigrant visa in Thailand are not getting another Covid extension, even though the order says that people who entered Thailand as tourists qualify for them.

Is there any immigration office that does still grant them to people in this situation?

Are there any agents which are still able to get a Covid extension for people in this situation? If you don't want to post the name here please PM me.

Had report from chap refused at two immigration offices and then obtained a covid extension with ThaiVisaCentre.

It wasn't cheap.

You entered with TV you should try first without agent.

Which immigration office?

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Had report from chap refused at two immigration offices and then obtained a covid extension with ThaiVisaCentre.

It wasn't cheap.

You entered with TV you should try first without agent.

Which immigration office?

Probably would be a wise exercise in discretion to keep their name off these pages. We need alternatives to the difficult, fatcat, super corrupt immigration guys.

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

Probably would be a wise exercise in discretion to keep their name off these pages. We need alternatives to the difficult, fatcat, super corrupt immigration guys.

Might be better idea for you to post a helpful reply. 

You don't have any useful input then move along. 

I asked OP for his immigration office to advise of agents in that area along with any reports regarding that office.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

We need alternatives to the difficult, fatcat, super corrupt immigration guys.

I was thinking the same thing as I found out I could not register my car in Bangkok (as a foreigner living in Nonthaburi) and had to pay an agent who then had to pay an officer in the Nonthaburi DLT to get my paperwork through because the dealer had used an agent already in Bangkok and now had to process an address change because of the dealer screwup (ultimately I got the dealer to pay the agent because they screwed up initially)...

a way of  life in Thailand I'm afraid

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Currently in Bangkok, but no problem to make a trip to another province, so info regarding any province is welcome, it might also help other posters in those provinces.

There have been threads asking for recommendation re agents in Pattaya (for various extensions)

There are several good agents in Pattaya. 

Thinking that you should try obtain yourself first and if have issue consider agent..

I have sent you pm. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

obtained a covid extension with ThaiVisaCentre.

They just told me that a Covid extension isn't possible in my case.

If agents in Bangkok can't do it, I don't need to try it on my own I guess.

I will try to contact some agents in other provinces and see what they say.

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Might be better idea for you to post a helpful reply. 

You don't have any useful input then move along. 

I asked OP for his immigration office to advise of agents in that area along with any reports regarding that office.

This was a very helpful reply. We normally conduct business that requires discretion through a PM. It is about basic respect for others, and this community, and not voluntarily sharing sensitive information with agencies that are not exactly looking after us. Think about that for a moment before you reply please. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

. Think about that for a moment before you reply please.

Google recent threads regarding advice/recommendations. 

Start with this ...."agent recommendation Pattaya AseanNow".

You will find the names of most agents and discussion of services on offer. 

You have the option to report a post if you feel it breaks forum rules. 

2 hours ago, tonray said:

I was thinking the same thing as I found out I could not register my car in Bangkok (as a foreigner living in Nonthaburi) and had to pay an agent who then had to pay an officer in the Nonthaburi DLT to get my paperwork through because the dealer had used an agent already in Bangkok and now had to process an address change because of the dealer screwup (ultimately I got the dealer to pay the agent because they screwed up initially)...

a way of  life in Thailand I'm afraid

I purchased a car for the gf.

The car registration lable was Nonthaburi.

We live central Bangkok. 

She used an agent to do the running round which also included Bangkok number plates.

No corruption about it. 

56 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

We live central Bangkok. 

She used an agent to do the running round which also included Bangkok number plates.

No corruption about it. 

The agent paid bribe to process faster...you really are naive

35 minutes ago, tonray said:

The agent paid bribe to process faster...you really are naive

Naive enough to get it done by someone paid sweet f. 

Came to the condo picked up what was required went to transport office or whatever returned put plates on. I didn't leave the room.

I'm not the one that had issues. 

22 minutes ago, FriendlyFarang said:

Asked two agents in Pattaya, also not possible.

You entered on TV. Did the agents you contacted give you a reason for no covid extension possible for you? 

@BKKTRAVELER this report from OP does not sound promising. 

Edited by DrJack54

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

We live central Bangkok. 

No corruption about it. 

None...That YOU know of!!

• Sad 1

The agent who has been doing my covid extensions since 2020 said they can't do anymore since I was on an education visa at one point and it's only for tourists now. My permission to stay is good until the end of April so hopefully I can get my Elite Visa done by then which seems to be the only other option.

17 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

My permission to stay is good until the end of April so hopefully I can get my Elite Visa done by then which seems to be the only other option

Your permit end of April is a positive.

Hopefully a land border will be open by then. 

Would possibly still involve Thailand pass (one night hotel booking).

Current thread about this. 

• Like 1

I believe the logic of the current Covid extension rules (if not explicitly stated) is that those on Non Immigrant entries are not eligible. I happen to believe that a blanket rule (especially for those who are temporarily out of work due to Covid) is quite wrong. However, anyone getting a Covid extension anywhere while on a Non Immigrant entry (even if they entered originally as tourists) can consider themselves extremely lucky.

If absolutely desperate, a handful of agents are probably able to get those affected a highly dubious medical extension. If you go ahead, I think this is one of the few cases where using an established agent for a dodgy extension carries a certain amount of risk.