Telephone message from IMM

Anyone received a phone call that plays an automated message in Thai saying "This is immigration police, two officers and a girl will visit you"? And that all it says.

[Bangkok]

Edited by Whale
  • Confused 1

Hell no. But I am not living in the city of Angels.

In Thai language only to a foreigner.

Sounds absurd but always keep an excuse: this is Thailand.

Do you have enemies in the neighborhood who want to frighten you?

What number was displayed?

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, Whale said:

Anyone received a phone call that plays an automated message in Thai saying "This is immigration police, two officers and a girl will visit you"? And that all it says.

This was in English?

Did they give any guidance on which day and time?

Can you call back on the number?

Might be somebody pranking you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Whale said:

In Thai

Just as I wrote in the OP, nothing more.

I don't think its a prank, I am more concerned with it being some kind of scam/con.

If you have time, go to immigration and play the message to them and find out one way or another.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Whale said:

In Thai

Just as I wrote in the OP, nothing more.

I don't think its a prank, I am more concerned with it being some kind of scam/con.

The concern should come if 2 people turn up saying they are from immigration, you should be prepared to phone immigration and check.

We have been contacted several times by immigration to say they will visit and it has always been from the person doing the visit to confirm you will be present. Notice can be unpredictable, from a couple of days to about an hour.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The concern should come if 2 people turn up saying they are from immigration, you should be prepared to phone immigration and check.

We have been contacted several times by immigration to say they will visit and it has always been from the person doing the visit to confirm you will be present. Notice can be unpredictable, from a couple of days to about an hour.

May I ask, what do they check?

8 minutes ago, Whale said:

May I ask, what do they check?

In most cases it is limited to foreigners living on marriage extensions.

Checking whether the marriage with Thai wife is legit, living together, foreigner living at the specified address and the like. They can also ask neighbors or village headman.

Some exceptions to the rule. As far as I remember some foreigners on retirement extension had also written about a visit?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

In most cases it is limited to foreigners living on marriage extensions.

Checking whether the marriage with Thai wife is legit, living together, foreigner living at the specified address and the like. They can also ask neighbors or village headman.

Some exceptions to the rule. As far as I remember some foreigners on retirement extension had also written about a visit?

Yes but this is only normal while your extension is under consideration, otherwise it sounds like a scam, and why would they send it in Thai makes no sense. Ignore it.