Thailand receives United Nations Public Service Awards for five consecutive years for improving public services nationwide

webfact

55 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The only small step forward was the new 90 day reporting app...

as for going digital why the continued need for endless copies at renewal time when they already have accumulated a mountain of copies over the last 14 years that I've been here.

same here and Iam already 22 yrs in Thailand... Save Earth save paper... but not for passport copies and many other papers if you want something.. drivers license, yellow book, visa, tm forms, workpermit, and just name it 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TooMuchTime said:

Thailand is for Thais.  Public service is for Thai citizens, not weird mongering farang.

Have you ever been to ANY teseban/police station/DLT/Post Office/Bank/Immigration office?  They are often manned by smug, self-important and stupid people. Adopting a Thai child is  filled with so much bureaucratic nonsense it is almost not worth the effort.  My friend attended a pre-arranged meeting with a Police chief in Sattahip to be told the manager had gone shopping with his daughter!

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

At the immigration I haven't notice anything about improving public services yet.. Still lots of copies

Noticed improvements in process & service at Phuket Imm. last two years. DLT quite Good. Interior Ministry & Forensic Police very efficient helping/issuing my ID Card.
Public Health slow but fine & cheap ! 

WORST: my process, hostility, slow,  service is Municipal(House Books).

Police here continue foreigner harassment but basic ticketing / fine process is decent.

Just now, TropicalGuy said:

Noticed improvements in process & service at Phuket Imm. last two years. DLT quite Good. Interior Ministry & Forensic Police very efficient helping/issuing my ID Card.
Public Health slow but fine & cheap ! 

WORST: my process, hostility, slow,  service is Municipal(House Books).

Police here continue foreigner harassment but basic ticketing / fine process is decent.

Public PE/ / Water Utilities always been Good.

Private Sat TV & Wi-Fi which are govt influenced / licensed are quite bad though. Replaced expensive dysfunctional TRUE Vision with UK Wi-Fi app TV service. 

3BB works like a bad Municipal org. My Lady had to do a massive amount of work to get the account sorted out & wifi lines upgraded ! 

ROADS poorly constructed & maintained the biggest public issue.

Municipal Failure AGAIN. 

1 hour ago, mikebell said:

Have you ever been to ANY teseban/police station/DLT/Post Office/Bank/Immigration office?  They are often manned by smug, self-important and stupid people. Adopting a Thai child is  filled with so much bureaucratic nonsense it is almost not worth the effort.  My friend attended a pre-arranged meeting with a Police chief in Sattahip to be told the manager had gone shopping with his daughter!

2 Days ago, I went to my Bank Branch with my wife to withdraw some cash.  Bank Book and Passport in hand. The teller didn't like my signature on the withdrawal slip.

Had to sign 6 Times on 4 more slips before he was satisfied. Good job my signature only requires 5 letters, and is not Alexander Hamilton Cholmondley- Smythe.

Never had a problem like this before in all the years at this Branch.