Caution from Immigration Police

7 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You should know different immigration offices have different interpretations of the rules...it's up to them what they want to enforce....so you giving people blanket statements could well land someone in trouble.

It's a given that immigration offices play their own game.

A couple even require bank funds seasoned for 3 months instead of the correct 2.

Fact is CM are wrong regarding TM30 requirements.

I assume that you do not reenter with new visa or visa exempt. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

It is true at Chiang Mai office too.  We are told we have to do it if we leave the country and come back....even to the same address. 

We do not have to do it if we travel about inside Thailand.

You should know different immigration offices have different interpretations of the rules...it's up to them what they want to enforce....so you giving people blanket statements could well land someone in trouble. 

Seems to be luck of the draw.   I left the country last summer, returned through the quarantine program to the same address, didn't report to immigration and then extended my non-o visa in the fall without it being mentioned.  All this was at the Chiang Mai office.  In fact, through this whole mess the last few years I sometimes ignored or more often just forgot to do it, only updating my tm30 when moving to a different house.  Have done yearly extensions and 90 day reports without issue the entire time. 

• Like 2

Dr Jack - if your question about re-entry was directed to me then no - I got a re-entry permit for my extension and was away for just under 4 weeks.  I returned under 'Test & Go' with a Thailand Pass and went through the procedure before my wife collected me at the hotel and we drove home.

My renewal extension is under consideration at the moment and I returned in December. 

For the sake of 5 minutes on the computer I file my own TM30 each time I enter the contry. Print it out and put it in the passport. Never do it if having stayed at hotels etc. during period since last entry to the country. Not had any problems. Ask your immigration office to set you or your wife up on the TM30 system so that you can do it yourself. This wouldn't work if you rent your place though as landlord would need to file.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shannoblic said:

Dr Jack - if your question about re-entry was directed to me then no - I got a re-entry permit for my extension and was away for just under 4 weeks.  I returned under 'Test & Go' with a Thailand Pass and went through the procedure before my wife collected me at the hotel and we drove home.

My renewal extension is under consideration at the moment and I returned in December. 

Yes. Since you had a reentry permit you were not required to make a TM30.

You have handled it the correct way in relation to the io that told you otherwise. 

I would have done the same.

What's that saying...."pick your fights" 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

Ask your immigration office to set you or your wife up on the TM30 system so that you can do it yourself. This wouldn't work if you rent your place though as landlord would need to file

So why on earth do we need our immigration office to register us on the TM30 online system when we don't need them to register us on the TM47 90-day online system?

3 hours ago, NE1 said:

Our immi. told me . if you do not leave Thailand and you return to the same address , no problem.

If you leave the country you have to report regardless.

That's exactly the information I received from my local office when I applied for my reentry permit.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OJAS said:

So why on earth do we need our immigration office to register us on the TM30 online system when we don't need them to register us on the TM47 90-day online system?

I know. It should be as simple as self reporting. Unfortunately that is how they deigned the system. Frustrating, inneficient, unnecessary and often broken anyway. We are at their mercy as they interpret the rules and make new requirements on a whim. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, OJAS said:

You don't. Can register yourself . GF's ID and housebook, and I installed app on my phone and good to go.

4 hours ago, big dendrobenaes said:

OVER THE YEARS i have been many foreign countries from Thailand......never ONCE told them when i came back.......like many others i suppose !!!!

I never did it unless starting to live in a new place as main base again when signing the contract.

Never had issues with it either except once in CM, but they make issues of so many things, that's why I get the visa done in BKK / Isaan via agent now, easy life since the past 3 years with multi re-entry.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

9 hours ago, Shannoblic said:

The kind advice in the Forum was this was the case.  'NO' said the officer.  Even if you spend one night away in a hotel you have to inform Immigration of your return.

It depends on your immigration office.  It seems individual IOs can interpret immigration law anyway they see fit. So now you understand how your immigration office works.  Given that you've had 3 home visits, you should know that they are a bunch of hard-a***s.  Most immigration offices don't want you to report unless you've left the country and returned.

Edited by connda
  • Like 1