Hacked?

Gandtee

I have been signed out of of my Google Drive due to malware apparently. This denies me emails and YouTube. I've tried to sign in, but get 'Cannot verify account' I'm not computer savvy. My niece who is computer literate has told me to send an email to google accounts on my Outlook account? How to get accounts address? Or does this mean a visit to the computer shop and can they fix this problem? Windows 7 Basic. At my advanced age I'm not so sharp now.????

Google was asking for a while to set up recovery email or phone number for such cases. If you've done that, simply choose the recovery email or phone number to receive the text/PIN to unlock the account.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7162782?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

If you have not set up recovery email/phone, but you have an Android phone on top of Windows 7, then read this part of above link:

To protect your account, you may be blocked from some sensitive actions when at least one of the following items hasn’t been associated with your Google Account for at least 7 days:

• Phone
  • Phone number
  • Security key

If you don’t get the option to verify it’s you, you can:

Don't know what your situation is regarding recovery accounts, but if you were at least somewhat following Google's pleas, you should be able to recover. If not, then, well, you'd lose all your data and need to set up a new google account, which is free, but... has no access to your previous one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Please try to explain the steps you are following to get to the "cannot verify account" part ?

Sorry. My son did this. I will wait until he is available and get him to go through it. Thanks in the meantime.

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

Google was asking for a while to set up recovery email or phone number for such cases. If you've done that, simply choose the recovery email or phone number to receive the text/PIN to unlock the account.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/7162782?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid

If you have not set up recovery email/phone, but you have an Android phone on top of Windows 7, then read this part of above link:

To protect your account, you may be blocked from some sensitive actions when at least one of the following items hasn’t been associated with your Google Account for at least 7 days:

• Phone
  • Phone number
  • Security key

If you don’t get the option to verify it’s you, you can:

Don't know what your situation is regarding recovery accounts, but if you were at least somewhat following Google's pleas, you should be able to recover. If not, then, well, you'd lose all your data and need to set up a new google account, which is free, but... has no access to your previous one.

By losing all data from previous one, would that include email addresses and saved pictures? Whatever. I will wait until my son or another young family hitec wizard is available to try your suggestions. I thank you for taking the time to reply .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roger That said:

Seems half the people in this forum insist on using it for some reason ????‍♂️

The reason I use it is that my son bought it for me as a Christmas present when Win 7 appeared on the scene some years ago. It's given me good service. The problem I have was caused by me I suspect. Clicking onto free, old films, BBC News and sports sites. And not heeding warnings of 'Unsafe'. I can't blame Win 7. The bad workman always blames his tools.???? 

3 hours ago, Roger That said:

Seems half the people in this forum insist on using it for some reason ????‍♂️