Traveling to UK in March

rocky123

Hi guys, I live in Pattaya and I am traveling to Birmingham on KLM next week. Loads of different info, its very confusing.

I believe I need a test, before I fly.

Q, what test ? pcr, lateral flow or antigen ? 

Q. Where can I take it, does it have to be a hospital ?

Q. How long does it take for results. ?

Q. What is the cost ?

I have to fill in a UK Gov Passenger Locator Form.

Q. Do I have to take a "test" in UK on day 2 and 5 still ?

Q. How does that work ?

THANK YOU for any info guys. Travel used to be so easy !

Are you vaccinated? If you are, you don't need any tests to get into the UK. You just need to complete the passenger locator form no more than 3 days before arrival.

Check with the airline and any transit country in case they have their own requirements.

You will still need to get a test, etc if you want to come back to Thailand.

Then you'll need a test before you go. It doesn't have to be at a hospital, but you will need the certificate and it has to meet UK standards, which is only really an issue for the rapid tests. You'll also need to pre-book and pay for a PCR test from an approved provider to be taken within 2 days of arrival. You'll need the code for the passenger locator form. All the information is on the website. 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19#if-you-are-not-fully-vaccinated 

4 hours ago, rocky123 said:

All that stress and they have lifted all tests and PLF from Fri 18th March.

Apparently I dont have to take any test to board or when I land in UK.

Happy days. The world is waking up at last

Now waiting for this end to scrap their nonsense, don't fancy getting a positive test on the way back and having to miss the flight

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Now waiting for this end to scrap their nonsense, don't fancy getting a positive test on the way back and having to miss the flight

What I did was to  take the Antigen test , wait for the result and then book the flight after getting a negative test

16 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

What I did was to  take the Antigen test , wait for the result and then book the flight after getting a negative test

But you need to apply for the TP with a flight number a few days before and still have to take a PCR test 72 hours beofre leaving

3 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

But you need to apply for the TP with a flight number a few days before and still have to take a PCR test 72 hours beofre leaving

Take an Antigen test , wait four hours for the result .

Then book a flight for the following day , then book the UK PCR tests and do the PLF then , can all be done in 24-48 hours (Between taking the Antigen test and boarding the flight )

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Take an Antigen test , wait four hours for the result .

Then book a flight for the following day , then book the UK PCR tests and do the PLF then , can all be done in 24-48 hours (Between taking the Antigen test and boarding the flight )

It sounds like you are talking about the flight to the UK, which no longer has any of these requirements. CliveBaxter is talking about getting back into Thailand.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Polar Bear said:

It sounds like you are talking about the flight to the UK, which no longer has any of these requirements. CliveBaxter is talking about getting back into Thailand.

Clive seems to be talking about wanting to get back to the UK and that's what this thread is about