Muang Thong Thani Immigration: 2nd covid extension

Hello everyone,

I'm planning to go to Muang Thong Thani Immigration in Bangkok on Thursday for asking a 2nd covid extension (arrived in Thailand in Bangkok on Dec 17 with 30 days visa exemption + 30 days extension + 60 days covid extension until Apr 15).

Did someone has an experience with this immigration office recently ?

Thank you !

Was there 2 days ago. I too am visa exempt and already on covid extension.

It was really busy, but I got my covid extension done in 45 mins.  I was not asked to provide anything regarding my departure plans (e.g. flight booking). I was not told this is the last one (although I am aware myself that the program expires 25-Mar unless it is once again extended by the govt).  My application was processed normally and without any hassle.

• Thanks 1

just went Tuesday, no issues, everything was the same as my last extensions except the immigration officer asked me what date I'd leave and to write it on my application, they only extended my visa until that day, I still got about 60 days though. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dj230 said:

just went Tuesday, no issues, everything was the same as my last extensions except the immigration officer asked me what date I'd leave and to write it on my application, they only extended my visa until that day, I still got about 60 days though. 

Did you get the lady on the far right desk...she's kind of a "drill sergeant" with people. LOL

5 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Did you get the lady on the far right desk...she's kind of a "drill sergeant" with people. LOL

I am guessing they don't sit in the same spot everyday but it seemed like the immigration officer sitting in the middle was the only one denying peoples applications, I got to the table at the far right, she was pretty nice in my opinion.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dj230 said:

Thanks for your comment dj230. As the date has been written on your application, not on your passport, I understand you still could try to apply for a new covid extension if it is once again extended ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

Thanks for your comment dj230. As the date has been written on your application, not on your passport, I understand you still could try to apply for a new covid extension if it is once again extended ?

yes, I am assuming if the covid extensions are extended once again they would be fine with extending it again

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, anotherfarangishere said:

You can apply for a covid extension up until 25-March under the current gov't order.  That is only for visa exempt or TR60. If you ever converted to other visa types (Education, Volunteer, etc.) it disqualifies from the covid extension program.   If the gov't issues a new order extending the program once again, we usually find out just as the current program is ending (25-March).  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sleepwalker999 said:

is it possible to get a covid extension on my current non-b when it expires at the end of this month?

I don't think so. The program was amended as of 26-Jan such that Visa Exempt and TR are the only visa types that will be considered for covid extensions. Non Immigrant visa types are excluded from the program now unfortunately.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

That is only for visa exempt or TR60. If you ever converted to other visa types (Education, Volunteer, etc.) it disqualifies from the covid extension program.

That's interesting.

It's my understanding is that it's all about how you entered Thailand.

If that was with tourist visa or visa exempt then you could apply for covid extension. 

If you (for example) had obtained a non O retirement that does not rule you out for covid extensions, provided you did not enter with the Non O.

13 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Was there 2 days ago. I too am visa exempt and already on covid extension.

It was really busy, but I got my covid extension done in 45 mins.  I was not asked to provide anything regarding my departure plans (e.g. flight booking). I was not told this is the last one (although I am aware myself that the program expires 25-Mar unless it is once again extended by the govt).  My application was processed normally and without any hassle.

I forgot to ask you if the small office for photocopies downstair is always open ? (just found that I forgot to make a passport photocopy with the last stamps from the previous covid extension... ????. )

31 minutes ago, anotherfarangishere said:

I forgot to ask you if the small office for photocopies downstair is always open ? (just found that I forgot to make a passport photocopy with the last stamps from the previous covid extension... ????. )

It will be open. 

Edit: I was referring to CW.

Can't see why the office ground floor level wouldn't be open at MTT. 

Edited by DrJack54

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That's interesting.

It's my understanding is that it's all about how you entered Thailand.

If that was with tourist visa or visa exempt then you could apply for covid extension. 

If you (for example) had obtained a non O retirement that does not rule you out for covid extensions, provided you did not enter with the Non O.

I was told by agents that the fact that you got a non o visa during your stay would indeed compromise any further Covid extensions, regardless if you arrived on exempt or TR visa.

6 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I was told by agents that the fact that you got a non o visa during your stay would indeed compromise any further Covid extensions, regardless if you arrived on exempt or TR visa.

Does not explain why they have been issued. 

That excludes having obtained non o volunteering at some point. 

14 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Does not explain why they have been issued. 

That excludes having obtained non o volunteering at some point. 

I don't know, but my volunteer visa during my stay seems to be the reason I can't extend anymore.

13 minutes ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I don't know, but my volunteer visa during my stay seems to be the reason I can't extend anymore.

This snippet of email I received from friend that obtained non o volunteering.

The info comes from lawyer in Bangkok. Only pass it on as a curiosity. 

he explained the volunteer visa was a scam roght from the top as it doesnt even derive from immigration or the department of business as the work visa does. 

it will be interesting to see if i get grief when comes time for retirement visa

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

This snippet of email I received from friend that obtained non o volunteering.

The info comes from lawyer in Bangkok. Only pass it on as a curiosity. 

he explained the volunteer visa was a scam roght from the top as it doesnt even derive from immigration or the department of business as the work visa does. 

it will be interesting to see if i get grief when comes time for retirement visa

Well, hopefully not. When visa amnesty came to an end, Covid 19 was full on and immigration told us to get a "proper" visa at any cost or we would get kicked out. I didn't qualify for any except Elite, so went with the Volunteer that was recommended to me by CW staff as a valid way to stay...

Now, I feel like a criminal for doing just that.

Go figure...

• Like 1