Best vloggers on Thailand

• 1 year later...
On 3/9/2022 at 8:16 AM, RAZZELL said:

Bangkok Pat is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Some amazing historical mini-documentaries.

https://www.youtube.com/c/BangkokPat

Be aware he will shadow ban over the slightest disagreement, sent photos and info to help him in the past and just got ditched on his comments. I just wish people would let you know to stop wasting their time.

Edited by proton

I am very picky about the vloggers on UTUBE I spend time watching.

However, recently, I have found a UTUBE Dude whose hitchhiking vlogs I find more than refreshing.

A very few vlogs remind me of my youth, are informative, and are entertaining.

Here is just one short sample of one vlog I recently came across:

Note:  This vlogger dude is ANYTHING BUT shallow, in reply to the Originally Posted question above...

Note2: I just sincerely hope he remains SAFE and SOUND during his unconventional travels around Thailand.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

3 hours ago, proton said:

Be aware he will shadow ban over the slightest disagreement, sent photos and info to help him in the past and just got ditched on his comments. I just wish people would let you know to stop wasting their time.

Regarding the vlogger you commented on here, I TOTALLY agree with your assessment of this vlog. He and his content is DEFINITELY not for me, and he lacks the humility required for his job, in my opinion.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

43 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Regarding the vlogger you commented on here, I TOTALLY agree with your assessment of this vlog. He and his content is DEFINITELY not for me, and he lacks the humility required for his job, in my opinion.

He's touchy on soi dogs, even though he just got bitten by one and forked out 12k for treatment. Thinks Puppy Cafes are the answer to millions of strays, 3-4 million strays are not going to be adopted or neutered! 

Edited by proton

32 minutes ago, proton said:

He's touchy on soi dogs, even though he just got bitten by one and forked out 12k for treatment. Thinks Puppy Cafes are the answer to millions of strays, 3-4 million strays are not going to be adopted or neutered! 

Maybe it is true what is often said:  What goes around comes around.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, proton said:

The problem with Bangkok Pat is that he just seems to do research on various websites and then put stuff together. Sometimes those websites have wrong info which he just unknowingly repeats. He talks as if he knows Bangkok history well but it's all just from other websites. And his pronunciation of Thai place names, Thai people's names etc is awful and like a farang who just got off the plane, ironic given he is half Thai.

• Like 1

The problem with most Vloggers, is the length and the lack of quality of new content! 

Some few have been entertaining to watch for a few episodes, but then, everything starts to repeat itself. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mstevens said:

The problem with Bangkok Pat is that he just seems to do research on various websites and then put stuff together. Sometimes those websites have wrong info which he just unknowingly repeats. He talks as if he knows Bangkok history well but it's all just from other websites. And his pronunciation of Thai place names, Thai people's names etc is awful and like a farang who just got off the plane, ironic given he is half Thai.

Perhaps his Thai-language mispronouncing is just part of his schtick?

Although this is about the best Thai vloggers I just cannot think of many, James abroad in Tak is not bad, at least some of his property reviews are an interesting contrast to prices elsewhere. Thailand bound is a bad one, Peter gets people to send in stories to read out, puts them into a book which he flogs on Amazon, also a touchy one only fishing for praise. Any story or comment not going along with his rosey views on Pattaya or bargirls gets the you are being negative treatment, another shadow banning time waster. 

1 hour ago, proton said:

Although this is about the best Thai vloggers I just cannot think of many, James abroad in Tak is not bad, at least some of his property reviews are an interesting contrast to prices elsewhere. Thailand bound is a bad one, Peter gets people to send in stories to read out, puts them into a book which he flogs on Amazon, also a touchy one only fishing for praise. Any story or comment not going along with his rosey views on Pattaya or bargirls gets the you are being negative treatment, another shadow banning time waster. 

Agree re Thailand Bound. But like most he’s a self-appointed expert. He’s money conscious and boastful of his UK property assets. He offers hourly paid online consultations regarding LoS, and people appear to fall for it. Unfortunately many followers of these vloggers are fantasists or gullible. They dream about visiting or living in Thailand but probably don’t ever do it.

I don’t quite get the  Bangkok Pat bashing because much of what he says and covers is, IMO, accurate and researched locally. I’ve lived and worked in Thailand for 35 years and he seems more correct than other vloggers. It’s ungracious  though that he didn’t respond positively to the poster sending him photos and information.

The one that narks me is the ROI ex-con who had to close down his original channel due to his past being exposed online

He resurfaced after a short while and now has two YT channels which have a host of unwitting followers. On one channel he chats up and interviews pretty women in the street and they’re flattered. If they knew of his violent past and time spent incarcerated they’d be horror-struck and would back away instantly.

Edited by ArnieP
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ArnieP said:

Agree re Thailand Bound. But like most he’s a self-appointed expert. He’s money conscious and boastful of his UK property assets. He offers hourly paid online consultations regarding LoS, and people appear to fall for it. Unfortunately many followers of these vloggers are fantasists or gullible. They dream about visiting or living in Thailand but probably don’t ever do it.

I don’t quite get the  Bangkok Pat bashing because much of what he says and covers is, IMO, accurate and researched locally. I’ve lived and worked in Thailand for 35 years and he seems more correct than other vloggers. It’s ungracious  though that he didn’t respond positively to the poster sending him photos and information.

The one that narks me is the ROI ex-con who had to close down his original channel due to his past being exposed online

He resurfaced after a short while and now has two YT channels which have a host of unwitting followers. On one channel he chats up and interviews pretty women in the street and they’re flattered. If they knew of his violent past and time spent incarcerated they’d be horror-struck and would back away instantly.

You refer to the Irishman I think who did time for trying to kill his wife, the ladyboy lover married to a Thai with a little lad in Rachada. Absolute horror, as are his voyeristic vlogs, the worst type of ex pat vlogger. The problem with a lot of them is they want a club of commenters who only constantly praise them, anyone with an opinion is labeled at a troll or negative trouble maker. Bangkok bound is not one to offer advice, except on bar girls, he just got divorced after 30 years from his Korean wife, reason is pretty obvious, he's living on Sukumvit now.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1