Thai wife must accompany me?

38 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Just a guess on my part but I would think if you have the card to pick up your passport, I doubt anyone will ask you when it is presented to show your wife.  When I have picked up my passport at Chonburi immigration, I hand the small numbered tag to the person at counter 8, she retrieves the passport and hands it to me.  They don't even verify if they gave you the correct passport or look at the picture to see if it is you. 

He has his passport.

He going to immigration to get the stamp for his one year extension of stay stamp done at immigration at the end of a 30 day under consideration period.

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

He has his passport.

He going to immigration to get the stamp for his one year extension of stay stamp done at immigration at the end of a 30 day under consideration period.

Perhaps I misunderstoon but this was in his post. 

Apologies, but just want to see if anyone can tell me if my Thai wife MUST go with me to immigration (Korat) when I go to pick up my passport after the 'under consideration

It sounds to me as if he was asking if his wife needed to be with him to pick up his passport. 

17 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

Perhaps I misunderstoon but this was in his post. 

Apologies, but just want to see if anyone can tell me if my Thai wife MUST go with me to immigration (Korat) when I go to pick up my passport after the 'under consideration

It sounds to me as if he was asking if his wife needed to be with him to pick up his passport. 

Sorry! My bad! ???? I should have said 'take my pp to get the stamp'. 

Ubonjoe is correct. During the 'under consideration' period, you keep your passport. Sorry. ????

I can't answer this question but it seems others can. 

It may seem trivial but these questions still need answering whatever else is going on and the answer is something others will probably need to know as well

10 minutes ago, kimamey said:

I can't answer this question but it seems others can. 

It may seem trivial but these questions still need answering whatever else is going on and the answer is something others will probably need to know as well

The answer, Kimamey, appears to be that after the 'under consideration' period for a yearly marriage 'visa' extension, the foreign spouse can go to the Imm office to get their passport stamped without the Thai partner needing to be present. ????????

• Thanks 1