Backpackers’ return brings glimmer of hope for Thailand tourism revival

webfact

I'm no expert like TAT???? regardless if one just deal with the pandemic and set a date like June 1st for Endemic, as stated by expert the leaders had 2years get all your medicals needs and procedure in place have a real plan not as you go!  

Open the place up as before with required vaccination, even a PCR,  drop all the corrupt nonsense I take a guess isn't this how it is done by these leaders???? Within two weeks the airport would be packed it would be so crowded if not prepared you would have a shortage of workers and hotel rooms. ????

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gold Star said:

All having backpacks full of cash, spending billions of baht like the millionaires they are.

Tourism is saved!

Hmm, I am thinking there is something to the Cartier store model and the Tesco store model. Attract the few wealthy or the masses of the middle classes? Ah, ... go after both markets?

4 hours ago, harada said:

Having spent some time around the CM area I always thought that they were a bit smarter than the dreamers in Bangkok, making a few baht now from the likes of backpackers and retirees is better than sitting around having brain farts daily about the rich Chinese, Indian, Saudi hordes that might show up one day.

"better a quick dime then a slow quarter..."

• Like 1

Chiang Mai isn't cheap like the old days.

In the center of the old town rates are comparable to Beach Front Resorts.

Nice city with quaint cafe's and the usual boring temples.

Ideal time to visit now with smog 2.5 levels topping the filthiest top 10 in the world.

Screenshot_20220312-101955_AirVisual.thumb.jpg.a9b6abc725a4c3e46135cdbb5f6cc8ff.jpg

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Joules said:

Backpackers have always made up the lion's share of the Thai tourism market's GDP.  the idea of replacing millions of small spenders with a few big spenders is and always has been a silly pipe dream.  Why would a super well heeled individual want to visit Thailand more than once just to see it?  It is the backpackers that return again and again that have always provided the most revenue (and the most jobs).   There are much better places for the rich to vacation.  Some of you are probably thinking, "Well what about the easy sex here?"  My answer to that is that if you are well-heeled, you never have to go looking for sex unless you are a total social misfit.

This ain't no Monte Carlo and it never will be.

Monte Carlo is beautiful, but not as interesting.