Billionaire former top cop's son in Porsche severely injures foreigner on motorcycle in Bangkok smash

webfact

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sorry for the late reply, so busy today 

Normally I wouldn't blame the father but the headline is pointing you in that direction.

My analogy goes.

OK, let's look at this example. 

I'm an offshore installation manager

My 29yo son comes to the rig, on his shift he decides to light up a cigarette above the well center (this is a not allowed and a dangerous act) the rig explodes killing people.

Wouldn't you point the finger at the father

Man's son in Ford Fiesta injures foreigner on motorbike.

The editor would sack you.....who gives a

I don't see that the title is looking to blame the father, but to sell copy.

17 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Sorry for the late reply, so busy today 

Normally I wouldn't blame the father but the headline is pointing you in that direction.

My analogy goes.

OK, let's look at this example. 

I'm an offshore installation manager

My 29yo son comes to the rig, on his shift he decides to light up a cigarette above the well center (this is a not allowed and a dangerous act) the rig explodes killing people.

Wouldn't you point the finger at the father

No

The responsibility rests with the perpetrator, he chose to do the act and ignore the legislation, safety rules.

Edited by RJRS1301

11 hours ago, CLW said:

Well, from a car like Porsche I would expect to see the warning sign on in the cockpit once the airbag is defective. Also regular checks at the dealer would have revealed it I guess

I can see the firing circuit being under test, like the rotation sensors in an ABS system...... but have the idea you only really know they are functional, when they do..... like  the firing caps that used to be on old Halon (fire suppression) systems. Anyhow, I believe hitting a M/C  isn't the hard impact that will cause a certain release. 

3 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I'd like to see him audited.

Would that " tall poppy syndrome."?

He was placed on leave under investigation previously for internal police matters, and I bet they went through his businesses with a fine tooth comb, subsequently back in active post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Would that " tall poppy syndrome."?

He was placed on leave under investigation previously for internal police matters, and I bet they went through his businesses with a fine tooth comb, subsequently back in active post.

That apparently went over a few heads.  Don't think daddy has much influence with PoPo anymore. 

Quite the opposite actually, as seemed to ruffle more than a few feathers, all the way up to the PM's office, with stamp of approval from even a 'higher' office, when there.

But researching before replying isn't a forte' of many members.

Edited by KhunLA