3 Phase grid tie solar system issue

9 minutes ago, Tigerdim said:

I havent seen anything like this.

If you have Sofar inverters and "anti-reflux" actually does disable export then you do have CTs (should be one per inverter/phase). 

17 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

It may sound a silly question but why would you have a 3 phase supply to your house?

Weeelll...we had 3 phase to the rice mill. When we built the house the rice mill was decomissioned so we kept or transfered the meter at minimal cost (a friend of a friend).  So we have a very expandable 15/45 x3 supply out in the sticks. Sometime the local street phase would go low when everone came back from the fields and our under/over sensor would stop supply to the aquifer water pump. So found a higher voltage phase and used it. No problems, flexibility with 3 phase.

Also wired the house so a power fail on one phase would not cause a problem as every phase is wired to bits of the house. More than one phase to the kitchen, rooms and each bedroom aircon is on a different phase so if we lose 1 or 2 phases we can still have a bedroom and aircon and kitchen and pumps that work.

Also we installed 3 phase multi point water heaters. We got hot hot water. Keeps Wifey happy. ????

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Weeelll...we had 3 phase to the rice mill. When we built the house the rice mill was decomissioned so we kept or transfered the meter at minimal cost (a friend of a friend).  So we have a very expandable 15/45 x3 supply out in the sticks. Sometime the local street phase would go low when everone came back from the fields and our under/over sensor would stop supply to the aquifer water pump. So found a higher voltage phase and used it. No problems, flexibility with 3 phase.

Also wired the house so a power fail on one phase would not cause a problem as every phase is wired to bits of the house. More than one phase to the kitchen, rooms and each bedroom aircon is on a different phase so if we lose 1 or 2 phases we can still have a bedroom and aircon and kitchen and pumps that work.

Also we installed 3 phase multi point water heaters. We got hot hot water. Keeps Wifey happy. ????

thanks for the explanation, I thought there had to be a reason for it. Houses dont generally have 3 phase supplies.

22 minutes ago, Tigerdim said:

In my residential development we all have 3 phases. Not sure why.

i was told before it was for company ownership
but might just be to have more reliable supply

these might help

Edited by patman30