Angostura Bitters??

dddave

21 hours ago, dddave said:

Anybody seen Angostura bitters for sale in the Pattaya/Jomtien area?  I love "Old Fashiond's" but the bitters are too expensive and little used for my local bar to keep on hand.  I'll just have to buy my own.

I've seen it in the small Goon Jair (Keys) mom & pop shop on Thappraya Road as you head for the beach. It's on the north side, stuck in amongst the bars there. Just ask any Thai person, they all know it. 

• Thanks 1

TOPS Central Festival or VILLA. The problem with many imported merchandise is that some items are quickly sold out and many shops do not seem to maintain a proper supply management based on stock turnover to replace it in time.

I am waiting for my sweet and sour gherkins Hainich Brand now for months (TOPS). Same for most common items like Barilla No. 1. No 5 they have sometimes in abundance. Other brands will be ignored. I suspect that supply managers here seem to think that an item is always the same regardless of brand although this is a huge mistake. Example: They discontinued the original Roses Lime juice at VILLA and substituted it with another Brand which nobody (at least not me) buys. Does their system not tell them that this was a suboptimal move ?

The answer is obviously NO - since I have the strong suspicion that they dont have any system for stock turnover control which does consider expected delivery times as well. How can it be that some items are sold out for so long without any replacement ?

So buying 2 bottles of Angustura if you see any and replace one of them and use the older one would be a method to counteract that. They last long. Not so for pasteurized orange juice, french brie etc. Unfortunately. Makes me not happy since it might be avoided if managed with competence.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 4:42 PM, Guderian said:

I've seen it in the small Goon Jair (Keys) mom & pop shop on Thappraya Road as you head for the beach. It's on the north side, stuck in amongst the bars there. Just ask any Thai person, they all know it. 

Do you mean on the Jomtien end of Thappraya...Like close to Tinny's?

On 3/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, dddave said:

Do you mean on the Jomtien end of Thappraya...Like close to Tinny's?

@dddave yes, it's the shop on the right in the Street View photo. You can see the beach and Dongtan Police Station in the distance at the left.

Keys.jpg.754e855f814496c709536154c260afcc.jpg

• Thanks 1