Rottweiler owner reneges on compensation agreement after nine year old boy is savaged by three dogs

webfact

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else sensing, a lot of replies are from people than never had a dog as a best friend ?

Maybe a few who dislike the risk to their children too!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe a few who dislike the risk to their children too!

Responsible pet owners are the least of your problems.  Apparently y'all haven't walked around the sois lately ?  Just road my ebike to the house build & back, having at least 10 dogs chasing me ????

No harm, no foul, no grudge against them, as simply protecting their turf, from what they don't understand.  I actually slow down, let them get close, as they'll chase me further.  They all enjoy the run & exercise.

My dog is either behind a wall, usually in the AC, or on a leash.  And that's for her protection, not anyone else.  Too many damn snakes here, so I keep her close.

Seriously ... what not to like, scary, I think not.  More like, please give me some chocolate, please ...

DSC01065.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Responsible pet owners are the least of your problems.  Apparently y'all haven't walked around the sois lately ?

Irresponsible ones are disturbing my life quite sufficiently. 

I don't walk the sois near my home for the reason you mention, there are packs of dogs. Normally seem placid, but I recall once I tried walking at night and they were after me. I fear rabies in that type of situation.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I don't walk the sois near my home for the reason you mention, there are packs of dogs. Normally seem placid, but I recall once I tried walking at night and they were after me. I fear rabies in that type of situation.

Just having fun with you, as they sense your fear, plus they're probably bored.  I walk with a walking stick, just occasionally, if in strange place, and dog with me.  If any take interest, just point the stick at them, they know immediately to yield.

Riding me ebike, if I actually stopped, I don't think they would know what to do.  Probably just bark more, maybe circle around, then head back to their front lawn.  Just barking, and none truly aggression.  Very easy to tell the difference, if you've been around animals all your life.

Now the monkeys, that's a different story, they spook me at times.  Way too many, and they need to be culled down about 80% of them.  The rest sterilized.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1

On 3/15/2022 at 10:40 AM, KhunLA said:

you do read the off stories of dog turning on owner / child, when it was so protective and obedient in the past.   Rare but does happen, and always the 'headliner' breeds making the news of any incident.  Survey (USA) says ... Poodles bite the most people.

The first face transplant to be carried out was on a French woman who was savaged by her pet dog. That dog was a Labrador.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

The first face transplant to be carried out was on a French woman who was savaged by her pet dog. That dog was a Labrador.

I read somewhere that the most bites received from Pets are from Labradors...   the reason of course is that they are one of the most common canine pets. 

Stats shows that the breeds known to be more dangerous (i.e. those on dangerous dogs lists of developed nations’) attack far more - thats just a simple fact. 

Thus: Quoting one off events makes a useless point - I could also find information where a pet cat has blinded a child or even killed a child, then there’s the ‘elderly tripping over the cat etc’.... 

This is of course completely different to a dog getting out of its ‘compound’ (area) and attacking a person, or attacking a guest, a delivery person, a child playing next door or in the street etc...  

There are certain ‘types’ (breeds) of dogs which are more likely behave like this when they are ‘imperfectly’ trained and looked after, then there are other breeds which are simply far more docile and completely unaggressive when imperfectly trained and make for better household pets. 

19 hours ago, Airalee said:

“It’s not the dog, it’s the owner”

Ok…I can live with that.

Dog bites someone….owner gets a bullet to the back of the head.

Still want that dog?

That certainly drives home a valid point.

IF dog owners are so trusting of their ‘loveable pets’ what if there was a ‘fixed eye-for-an-eye sentence’ for the owners of said pets... 

Their dog mauls a child - the owner faces a lengthy prison sentence. 

Their dog bites the leg of a delivery person - the owner faces a month in prison. 

Of course this is unrealistic, but of all the dog owners who say their dog would never ever bit a person, how many of them would own a dog if the legal risks to themselves were balanced and matched with the potential severity of their dog attacking / biting someone else ???

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 4:00 PM, KhunLA said:

So we should ban the ownership of some dogs.

All firearms

And ALL MOTOR VEHICLES ... got it ... ????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Guns and rottweilers are intended to be potentially dangerous and have no major economic value other than that, unlike motor vehicles.

Edited by Card

• 3 months later...
On 3/15/2022 at 5:53 PM, Will B Good said:

If you have time I would edit the first line.........!!!!

I understsand what you are saying; but, anyone  who tells you that the Thai equivalent of that does not exist is lying.  Not sure what it is; but, I have seen more than one dog go missing mysteriously.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that it is a matter of fact way of life; especially, in Issan country.  

On 3/17/2022 at 12:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Quoting one off events makes a useless point

The reason I quoted about the Labrador biting some ones face off was because you'd never have guessed, in a million years, that a Labrador would have inflicted that much damage on its owner. No dog is safe. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2022 at 11:06 AM, jacko45k said:

I had to move from my lovely rented condo in Jomtien because of the Soi dogs. I won’t say how mad I was . 

On 3/15/2022 at 10:20 AM, JonnyF said:

Focusing on the breed just reinforces lazy stereotypes and shifts blame from where it should be placed - The Owner.

Fair enough but this doesn't mean that the grown up dogs should be put down and the owner be liable for all damages.

12 hours ago, geisha said:

I had to move from my lovely rented condo in Jomtien because of the Soi dogs. I won’t say how mad I was . 

A shame, not much support for a disgruntled foreigner here.