Rottweiler owner reneges on compensation agreement after nine year old boy is savaged by three dogs

webfact

49 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Going to court is the challenge thrown down by the owner of the dogs...........takes a brave man (sorry, rich man) to contemplate that course of action in Thailand.

Don’t they have crowd funding to pay for a top lawyer ? Money usually helps ! 

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This kind of dog, in particular, should never be off their leads in public and should always wear a collar.

The few times I have encountered rottweilers they have come across as vicious and uncontrollable.

Many countries demand a muzzle on when out of there home 

Edited by itsari
confused Australian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, itsari said:

Many countries demand a muzzle on when out of there home 

Yes....I owned one of the very last Staffies in Germany.......at the time an American pit bull was let loose in a children's playground (on purpose) and it savaged a kid to death.

The Germans (understandably) went ape **** and banned a whole host of dogs and made it compulsory to wear muzzles for others.

Any dog with the name German in its title, German Shepard, German Rottweiler were, funnily enough, exempt....... even though dog bites from German Shepherds were by far and away the most common to cause injuries.

2 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Yes....I owned one of the very last Staffies in Germany.......at the time an American pit bull was let loose in a children's playground (on purpose) and it savaged a kid to death.

The Germans (understandably) went ape **** and banned a whole host of dogs and made it compulsory to wear muzzles for others.

Any dog with the name German in its title, German Shepard, German Rottweiler were, funnily enough, exempt....... even though dog bites from German Shepherds were by far and away the most common to cause injuries.

Any dog in my opinion should have a muzzle on when out from its designated home . No muzzle then the dog has to go and a heavy fine to the owner 

4 minutes ago, itsari said:

Any dog in my opinion should have a muzzle on when out from its designated home . No muzzle then the dog has to go and a heavy fine to the owner 

Could not agree more.......why should anyone, let alone a kid, face the risk and trauma of even a 'nip' ......as dog owners call them.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

When will people learn that it's nothing to do with the breed? It is how they are raised. Whether it's a Rottweiler, Ridgeback, PitBull, Doberman, German Shephard or whatever, they are all capable of inflicting very serious injuries and therefore need to be trained, socialized and not left to roam free in packs causing chaos in the villages.

Focusing on the breed just reinforces lazy stereotypes and shifts blame from where it should be placed - The Owner.

Nonsense.  Training matters, but the breed has a lot to do with temperament.  You apparently do not know much about dogs and should probably not own one.  Nor should you be offering your speculative advice.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Will B Good said:

This kind of dog, in particular, should never be off their leads in public and should always wear a collar.

The few times I have encountered rottweilers they have come across as vicious and uncontrollable.

Dogs have 6 senses.  And what they sensed from you was fear in all their 6 senses.  Frightened people scare people as well as dogs. 

i have owned a pair of these gorgeous, loving, protective, child-friendly beasts.  Always friends to everyone until the end. RIP 

• Sad 1

When will people learn that it's nothing to do with the breed? It is how they are raised. Whether it's a lion, a polar bear, a chihuahua, a cat, a budgie or whatever, they are all capable of inflicting very serious injuries and therefore need to be trained.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, billsmart said:

What kind of "agreement" was it, and why would the father be "going to the media" to have it enforced? Why isn't he going to the police or to court? The article says it was done in conjunction with the police. If so, then the "agreement" must have some legal validity and can be enforced. If it is a legal agreement and the owner of the dogs refused to honor it, he could have his bank accounts and property seized to pay it off, and yes, he could be sent to jail.

As for the incident, I read that son was fishing, which is attempting to hook fish in their mouths, drag them through the water, stick a rope through their mouth and out their gills, and leave them floundering around in the water in an attempt to keep them alive so they can then have their bellies slit open, their organs removed, and finally left to die. 

So, I don't have a lot of sympathy for the son being attacked by some dogs.

Classic case of whataboutism. So how does your fishing assessment help in this case? It doesn't. Your statement speaks of lack of intellect on your part, and, for want of a better word, ignorance and stupidity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, johnmcc6 said:

Somebody set up a go fund me so the poor father can sue the pants off that deadbeat dog owner. Times like this I wish i was wealthy.

totally agree ... and I was thinking the same.   I'll donate immediately  !!

and also,   do we have any friends, members in Nakhon Ratchasima  who could assist and visit the poor boy.  

• Thanks 1

Any dog that is out-of-control and the owner is muppet, should be shot. There are far too many children in Thailand attacked  and disfigured/killed by wayword dog owners... because they think they are the business and that the rules don't apply to them. Everyone should be held accountable for theactions of their animals. In the UK, a farmer can legally shoot a dog/whatever attacking livestock, which is perfectly reasonable. Rogue aminals cannot have no fate other than a final one when you are talking about other animals or children/people.

Edited by Sir Dude
Typos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

Dogs have 6 senses.  And what they sensed from you was fear in all their 6 senses.  Frightened people scare people as well as dogs. 

i have owned a pair of these gorgeous, loving, protective, child-friendly beasts.  Always friends to everyone until the end. RIP 

“Always friends to everyone until the end”….  The end being the end of a child life ?????

when you used the word always, did you not know that the thread we’re commenting on is contradiction of ‘dogs being always friendly’ by the mere fact that ‘they’ [dogs] chew kids faces off !!!! 

Edited by richard_smith237

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

totally agree ... and I was thinking the same.   I'll donate immediately  !!

and also,   do we have any friends, members in Nakhon Ratchasima  who could assist and visit the poor boy.  

Good on you for caring to help. I hope it catches on.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ohno said:

When will people learn that it's nothing to do with the breed? It is how they are raised. Whether it's a lion, a polar bear, a chihuahua, a cat, a budgie or whatever, they are all capable of inflicting very serious injuries and therefore need to be trained.

A mates mate was bitten by a vicious chihuahua, nipped his finger it did… gave him sepsis, killed him… deadly animals… don’t get me started on those budgies bread to irritate a person to death or those lions which can’t use the litter tray… 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kuzmabruk said:

They should be banned. What is the point of having one of these beasts? I think it's for the owner's messed up ego or something. Usually skinheads.

When my kids were young, there was a Rottweiler pup running around where my kids played. It disappeared one day.  Who cares if they are friendly around kids if they are trained properly, you could say the same about a rhinoceros.