Covid-19 visa extensions ending

On 3/15/2022 at 3:12 PM, Daithi85 said:

My feeling is  it will be extended one more time then borders will be reopened.

Reckon so, on 1 June, when current Covid emergency ends and Covid then declared endemic to open borders and drop ALL Govt. Covid restrictions inc masks. 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:05 PM, unblocktheplanet said:

No, he did a border run just before Covid, between jobs, cancelled work permit. Lucky he came in on a tourist visa! Hope they'll keep Covid extensions for the many who lost their jobs.

No. ANY Longstay Visa / Extn. expiry during Covid now ( 1 March) means No CE. Agent or Leave Country or Family Visit / Medical Extn required ! 

• Sad 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:56 PM, Hoppyone said:

That was date of supposedly the last extension so it ain't happened yet so don't give people false hopes or false info

Clearly CE validity will be extended to 25 May to match the recent Covid emergency extension to 31 May.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 12:41 AM, Agusts said:

Is this true about PCR test not required...? From any country...?

Pre departure PCR tests only from April 1st, (announced by CCSA) yet to be confirmed, but news media stating it's a done deal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FridgeMagnet1 said:

What exactly is it you are “putting up with?”

How does this affect you in any way whatsoever?

It does not affect me personally. But I like to see govts offering compassion to all who suffer, including foreigners. That's worth the price of a few dodgers. So what? Hurting anybody?

31 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

With 10 days left on my current covid extension, I was able to get another covid extension at an immigration office here in Issan today. Extended me into June with 60 days. Its looking like this will be the final one. 

Great that u can get the the 60 days all in 1 visit to immigration.

1 hour ago, LiamB80 said:

With 10 days left on my current covid extension, I was able to get another covid extension at an immigration office here in Issan today. Extended me into June with 60 days. Its looking like this will be the final one. 

We will find out tomorrow

• Like 1

Tomorrow is the last day...but I will give it until Monday before assuming it is truly over. One one occasion they extended it a few days after the previous order ended. If that happens again, we might hear about it Monday. If it's still quiet on Monday...then it's probably done.

Edited by audaciousnomad

4 minutes ago, audaciousnomad said:

Tomorrow is the last day...but I will give it until Monday before assuming it is truly over. One one occasion they extended it a few days after the previous order ended. If that happens again, we might hear about it Monday. If it's still quiet on Monday...then it's probably done.

Wasn't that at the beginning of the pandemic , when they were just deciding what to do ? and since then the announcements have been before the  expiry date ?

Probably will be the last one, I remember people saying that it would be extended in January because of people having non-o visas having no other option, then they stopped letting people with non-o visa's get it.

Don't think they care too much to keep allowing tourists to stay indefinitely, that's just my opinion.