Plans underway for no-mask requirement in Thailand’s public parks

webfact

first should be dropped for all sportsmen (not mentioning on motorbikes, where it's outright dangerous and deadly).

I am all for wearing masks in public places. A lot of people do have acute and chronic upper respiratory infections - drinking iced fluids, putting air con at max setting, smoking and living a highly polluted areas, using chilli and other sauces for frying, burning rubbish next to their homes to remove mosquito and the other insects.

They are infected with different pathogens, bacteria, viruses, fungus. Their ignore their symptoms and health service doesn't offer good solution

Edited by internationalism
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Now there are alot of infections and the deathtoll is rising... So why now hurry and drop everything?? start with normal life with a mask and in the coming  months less masks everywhere and everyone is happy.. But there will always people who want to hurry things, but as you said yourself babysteps. as a baby you could not walk and run after the first day you could stand on your legs...

Their worry apparently is that the tourism industry which does carry some weight in the country is just about dead.  I think that they believe that by doing this as well as eliminating the 72 hour prior to traveling PCR test that tourists will flock here.  They however forget that many countries still require a test or even quarantine prior to returning and on return.

44 minutes ago, userabcd said:

If they visit the parks they will see that many are already not wearing masks.

You mean those running in the park.  I see most of the walkers at Lumpini and Benjakitti wearing masks and even some of the runners and joggers like myself and the GF. If your talking of people just sitting around then the Park Police are always telling them to mask up.

53 minutes ago, alyx said:

It is my understanding that wearing the mask is not compulsory outside unless, of course, some Governor has decided otherwise.

I jog every day (not in the parks) maskless , and never been stopped, since I read that it had never been a law or regulation to wear them

But yes there is a regulation requiring them

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-is-wearing-face-masks-in-thailand-mandatory

According to an order published in the Royal Gazette back in June 2021, face masks are required to be worn in public places. First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht and the fines can go up to 20,000 baht for repeat offenses. 

However, Anutin views it as not a law, however conflicting that may be.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailands-health-ministry-confirms-theres-no-legal-requirement-to-wear-a-face-mask

Legally, we can’t force you to do it, but just do it, okay? That seems to be the message from Thailand’s Public Health Minister in relation to the wearing of face masks. According to a report from the National News Bureau of Thailand, Anutin Charnvirakul has confirmed there’s no legal mandate for the wearing of face masks…. at least that’s what he says. However, he says people should continue to wear them to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Anutin was responding to warnings from the CCSA that those who refuse to wear a mask could be fined. According to an order published in the Royal Gazette back in June 2021, face masks are required to be worn in public places. First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht and the fines can go up to 20,000 baht for repeat offences. The CCSA recently made a post on Facebook, reminding the public of the penalties, but has since removed the post.

This from a man who called a foreigner who refused a mask he offered him a Dirty Foreigner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

But yes there is a regulation requiring them

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thailand-news-today-is-wearing-face-masks-in-thailand-mandatory

According to an order published in the Royal Gazette back in June 2021, face masks are required to be worn in public places. First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht and the fines can go up to 20,000 baht for repeat offenses. 

However, Anutin views it as not a law, however conflicting that may be.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/thailands-health-ministry-confirms-theres-no-legal-requirement-to-wear-a-face-mask

Legally, we can’t force you to do it, but just do it, okay? That seems to be the message from Thailand’s Public Health Minister in relation to the wearing of face masks. According to a report from the National News Bureau of Thailand, Anutin Charnvirakul has confirmed there’s no legal mandate for the wearing of face masks…. at least that’s what he says. However, he says people should continue to wear them to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

Anutin was responding to warnings from the CCSA that those who refuse to wear a mask could be fined. According to an order published in the Royal Gazette back in June 2021, face masks are required to be worn in public places. First-time violators face a fine of up to 1,000 baht and the fines can go up to 20,000 baht for repeat offences. The CCSA recently made a post on Facebook, reminding the public of the penalties, but has since removed the post.

This from a man who called a foreigner who refused a mask he offered him a Dirty Foreigner.

Hence I abide but the non enforcement:)

25 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

You mean those running in the park.  I see most of the walkers at Lumpini and Benjakitti wearing masks and even some of the runners and joggers like myself and the GF. If your talking of people just sitting around then the Park Police are always telling them to mask up.

In benjasiri park many not wearing masks, walkers, runners/joggers, volley ball players, takraw players, exercise equip areas and skateboarders.

On sukhumvit in phrom phong area many foreigners walking not wearing masks and looking defiant as well probably from the stares they are receiving.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, keithkarmann said:

Not seen one in Thung Saliam

Rather voluntary throughout much of Sukhothai. 

Many of the indoor eateries are beginning to rescind their ridiculous vax proof/testing policies, as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Stop this silly wearing mask when riding a motorbike! (except you want to protect yourself from the tremendous amount of Diesel and other particulates).

Or from the burning and smoke, coming from our good buddies in China, in the north. What I do not understand is why so many do not where eye protection?