Plans underway for no-mask requirement in Thailand’s public parks

webfact

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

The obsessive mask wearing here is pathetic. On a motorbike? In a park? On the beach? Pure science denial, fear mongering and paranoia.

And silliest of all? The news anchors. Dumb and dumber. This is not Bubonic plague. 

They use these transparent face shield things on some of the Thai shows.... so one can still see the pretty faces. Silly people, I am looking at the young ladies' legs. 

I really don't know why you get so excited over what other folks do... on a motorbike, you are ready when stopped by a policeman.... park and beach are in public an there is still a rule on that...it isn't about obeying 'science', but rules and directives. Most folks have little or no grasp of science, that applies to Westerners too! Bigger issues in the world right now. 

• Confused 2

Most foreigners that I see outside in Pattaya are not wearing masks, and no-one challenges them.  When I exercise/jog, I pull down my mask since a sweat-sodden mask is difficult to breath through.

The government is making all these grand announcements, but I think they have 'missed the bus'.  Many people already don't wear masks when outside.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The government is making all these grand announcements, but I think they have 'missed the bus'.  Many people already don't wear masks when outside.

I think it must vary a lot by location, I rarely see a Thai unmasked outside of a park in central bangkok, and even in the park compliance is high. Most Thai's are still in peak fear mode - double masking, spraying the foodpanda delivery  etc.. so there seems little will to change for the natives

But I do think the dropping of masks outside mandate definitely needs to happen, even Singapore did this some weeks ago, cant be too many countries other than Thailand and China that enforce this currently

Edited by mnomad

2 minutes ago, Joseph98765 said:

Ahh! Do we have to wear mask when we are outside? didn't know that...I put only mask when I get into 7/11..rest of the day...free as a bird.

There was some talk about 20,000baht fine but I don't recall hearing about anyone ever being fined that high amount, there was also some talk that it would be technically unenforceable if push came to shove, and also that the first fine would be much lower - you're probably pretty safe if you carry a 1000baht note

• Haha 1

I came back from the Canaries last week....didn't need to wear a mask on the plane even.

Looks like it will be a fair few months before Thailand is "properly" open then?

I was hoping to go to Thailand this October, was hoping by then the Thai pass etc. would be done with,even if it is, would be a right pain having to wear a mask...particularly outside and at beaches etc! Madness!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, welshguy said:

I came back from the Canaries last week....didn't need to wear a mask on the plane even.

Looks like it will be a fair few months before Thailand is "properly" open then?

I was hoping to go to Thailand this October, was hoping by then the Thai pass etc. would be done with,even if it is, would be a right pain having to wear a mask...particularly outside and at beaches etc! Madness!

In Pattaya,Phuket,Samui most people are not wearing masks anymore.

Especially foreigners, you'll be fine.

In Bangkok it's still being used by almost everyone though

• Like 1

10 hours ago, thrilled said:

When I arrive to Thailand I’m not wearing a mask anywhere unless authorities press me to do it. 
I don’t believe they do any good. Have had the vaccines and booster

I suspect you will be wearing one at the airport...

2 hours ago, mania said:

Even Italy who probably was one of the worst hit by Covid has dropped masks except mainly on public transport

Until 15 June, masks must continue to be worn on all forms of public transport, cinemas and theatres, hospitals and care homes, indoor sporting events and concerts, schools and universities.

Those are enough to get many ranting!

10 hours ago, thrilled said:

When I arrive to Thailand I’m not wearing a mask anywhere unless authorities press me to do it. 
I don’t believe they do any good. Have had the vaccines and booster

Also, they scream at you if you walk into a 7/11, and most shops, without one

I wear mine less and less now to be honest, if you go around Soi Buakhao in Pattaya at night, you look stupid if you are wearing one these days.

On 5/6/2022 at 3:39 PM, mnomad said:

There was some talk about 20,000baht fine but I don't recall hearing about anyone ever being fined that high amount, there was also some talk that it would be technically unenforceable if push came to shove, and also that the first fine would be much lower - you're probably pretty safe if you carry a 1000baht note

Here in chiang Mai, I past many times police officers.... they don't care (mai son jai)