Reputable small appliance repair in Hua Hin? Recommendations?

frogmo1

I live in this area but am sad to say that Ionly recognize two of the four words "reputable small appliance repair" as being applicable to your situation.

Reputable and repair are seldom used in this context.

More seriously, I've only lived here five years but have accepted the fact that when these things fail it's faster, cheaper, and less traumatizing to throw them away and buy another.

I am personally handy and use such excuses to buy the tools I need to attempt the repair and have found sources of repair parts in Lazada.

The vast majority of small appliances here are made in China as cheaply as possible, have an average working life of two years, and were never designed to be repaired. Further, Thai people generally don't try to repair things unless it can be done with paint or duct tape. Since there is no market for repair services/skills, few such shops exist.

To be fair the whole world has embraced a disposable economy as soon as China started flooding the market with both cheap and inexpensive goods. We've accepted cheap goods with short use spans; it's not just Thailand.

This is clear if you simply go to any major department store and try to purchase high quality goods or tools. They aren't available because nobody in Thailand will pay for them. How many stainless steel items do you have in your house that aren't rusted?

Sorry to discourage you but the sober truth is that even if you found a way to get it repaired it would soon fail again, regardless of what appliance it is.

All that said, I do wish that somebody here will produce some good leads for you and embarrass me. I would like to know of any such shops in this area.

Good luck.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

We have called Home Pro in Hua Hin to schedule repairmen visits.  Our Electrolux dryer was not drying.  The two guys dressed in customer service garb spent an hour and charged 800 baht.  That was two months ago and it is still working.

Terry

( a few miles south of Hua Hin )

About 50-80 metres after the school at the bottom of Pala U road (on the left leaving Hua Hin). You can't miss if as they have washing machines, fans and other old stuff stacked outside. Never been able able to repair anything I've taken there though, and kept the deposit they made me give them on one item. Maybe OK for toasters.... 

• Haha 1