Trans women athletes fairness question is not going away

Jingthing

26 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

just saw this by accident Jing, i and so many others  dont care if someone is gay ,or wants to be a woman if a man and visa versa ,but to be , on and on ,and that there are so many different genders . since man evolved there have been 2 sexes men ,who have a penis and can immpregnate a woman who has a vagina and a womb.thats it honest ,most of us are fed up with it being in the papers and marches about being proud to be gay.  i know you and many others think that a man can  become a woman ,but the very vast majority dont ,sorry if thats offensive to you ,

by the way i see that they have closed down the nhs gender clinic where young kids could change sex ,so many regreted what they had done over the years .

some common sense at last.

Don't put words in my mouth.

13 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Don't put words in my mouth.

does that mean you do not believe a man can become a woman?

the way i see it born a man die a man ,no matter what you want or think.

but then i was born in a time when there was no social media and many people had lots more to worry about than stuff like this .

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Women want equality.  There should be no discrimination against men or women in sports.

Let the women and men compete together...with the transgendered too...and disabled.

There is not excuse to tell people they are excluded from a team or sport.  

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, KhunLA said:

I have my own opinion why Lia Thomas decided to compete against women instead of men.   This little tidbit may help you understand that opinion of mine.  I guess it sucked losing all the time.

...  "According to the swimming data website Swimcloud, Thomas is ranked 36th among female college swimmers in the United States for the 2021–2022 season, and 46th among women swimmers nationally. By the conclusion of Thomas's swimming career at UPenn in 2022, her rank had moved from 65th on the men's team to 1st on the women's team in the 500-yard freestyle, and 554th on the men's team to 5th on the women's team in the 200-yard freestyle"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lia_Thomas#Penn_men's_swim_team_records

I used to compete in Strava time trials cycling up the hill from the Zoo to Wat Doi Suthep.

Competing against men I was ranked number 650, competing against the women I was in the top 10.

Same for trail running (Caffeine trail) .......

It was much easier for me to feel important as a woman competitor.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ivor bigun said:

i  should be allowed to compete against disabled athletes as i claim i am now disabled. who is to say i am not?

of course i am joking ,but whats fair for one is fair for the other isnt it? 

i cant really understand why all this is happening ,except that todays young people have not much to worry about ,unlike when we were young ,we had virtually nothing compared to them , and so many companys are so afraid of being labeled something or other or cancelled they just go along with the minority.

mind you if another war came along ,this would all dissapear in a flash. 

Just a thought, but how many of you think that if a man transitions to become a woman but retains his penis ,should he be allowed to compete in female sports ,be sent to a womans prison ,be allowed to use female changing rooms ,etc ,etc , i am sure you all know my feelings ,

• 1 year later...