Who has a scientific explanations why this strange looking tool is good for the health?

ppatrick

18 hours ago, Fortean1 said:

I found it behind a door in a spare bedroom.  I've just begun using it.  It is very painful to my calves. 

Some of them are adjustable. You could reduce the degree angle to make it easier on your calf. Mine has 2 levels: 30 degree and 45 degree. The 30 degree is easier to use. It doesn't stretch the calf/tendons as much.

3 hours ago, Fortean1 said:

It is not adjustable.  If I do toe stands then it is bearable for a minute or two.  I find it hard to stand straight up while holding on to a oversize couch back support.  I'll experiment.

start by using a book - these are readily available & easily adjustable, also look to to the opposite, essentially toe raises with your heels on the ground 

A lot of pain tenderness stiffness etc in the body is caused by problems with the fascia.
Self-myofascial release using a tennis ball and a roller works for me. 
I have found that ordinary stretching can often lead to over-stretching making the problem worse.
Anyone who hasn't tried it will be amazed at the results.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/wellness-and-prevention/muscle-pain-it-may-actually-be-your-fascia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nwCvRcASlk

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, eezergood said:

start by using a book - these are readily available & easily adjustable, also look to to the opposite, essentially toe raises with your heels on the ground 

I used an almost 2" book with a hard cover after putting the brace slat horizontal.  That makes for a ~25° angle.  This is quite comfortable.  I can now do 10 to 15 minutes easily.  Thank you for the book suggestion.

Edited by Fortean1
spacing
  • Like 1

On 3/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, Fortean1 said:

I used an almost 2" book with a hard cover after putting the brace slat horizontal.  That makes for a ~25° angle.  This is quite comfortable.  I can now do 10 to 15 minutes easily.  Thank you for the book suggestion.

glad it helped