Tata Xenon / Tata Trucks in General - Any experiences?

SS1

I'm looking to purchase a very cheap (70-100k range) pickup truck sometime in the near future. The main purpose of this truck would be just carrying motorbikes (dirt bikes to trails, and road bikes to race track) and maybe for some bigger Big C / HomePro shopping. 

I was originally looking at some very old Toyota Hilux Tiger's, but spotted these Tata trucks in the Facebook marketplace, which are extremely cheap. You can get a 2015 Tata for the price of a 1999 Toyota Hilux. 

I tried doing some research on these trucks but couldn't find much info. I realise they're made in India, but is there actually anything wrong with them? 

I've attached a photo of the model I'm interested in. I think it's called Xenon Max Cab. It's an extended cab version with that kind of foldable flatbed (whatever it's called). This looks perfect for carrying 1-3 motorbikes on the back!

275303598_3318877671673806_5107151970037770057_n.jpg

Edited by SS1

Just now, KhunLA said:

May want to peek at Suzuki Carry also, another inexpensive truck.

I was looking at those too, but would prefer an extended cab to fit some luggage / occasional more people undercover. I think also the Suzuki Carry has just a bench with some padding on the back, instead of proper adjustable seats. That sounds a little uncomfortable. 

This style of cab is known as an 'extra cab'. It will have a bench seat with no belts in the back of the cab.

Many years ago I rented a Toyota Tiger from Don Muang airport and drove all over Isaan with it. It was a great vehicle and I loved it. No experience of the Tatas.

• Like 1